Discussion Forum

Imput needed for a deck I may make.

I was reading the forums and I came across Royarty142 thread. Check his thread out. He is trying to make a r/w angel deck and needs our help. In his thread it talks about the new up coming set, Gatecrash. Before that I didn't have any idea of it. Well I checked it out and I must say Lazav, Dimir Mastermind is a beast card. One question if Dimir Mastermind copied a legend creature card and their was already one of those out wouldn't that kill the creature that Dimir Mastermind is copying and not deystor Dimir Mastermind? My reason is because Dimir is still it's self. So it is two creatures at the same time. At any rate if Lazav, Dimir Mastermind does not cost that much when it comes out I'm going to buy 4. Because the idea I have in mind will make for a strong deck and will not cost that much to make. I play for the fun. Sure I go to different places and play different people however, its just for the fun of it. These are the cards I have in mind from the top of my head. Of course if I do make the deck this will change as I understand the deck better. I even have a cool sounding name for the deck. Evil's Older Brother

Lazav, Dimir Mastermind
Call of the Nightwing
Illusionist's Bracers
Whispering Madness
Cunsuming Aberration
Nightweil Specter
Evil Twin
Clone

Shimian Specter
Mind Rot
Trepanation Blade
Sands of Delirium
Mindshrieker
Triumph of Cruelty
Posted 03 January 2013 at 08:47

The legend rule is based on the name of the creature. Lazav is still named Lazav, he is just a copy of the creature while keeping his own name. Similar to Sakashima. A second Lazav will kill Lazav regardless of what he is copying but he will not legend rule anything else.
Posted 03 January 2013 at 09:52

I just checked the card is selling for 8 bucks. That's too much for the card. I guess I'll just have to find another deck to make.
Posted 03 January 2013 at 19:40

That is a preemptive price, the set isn't out yet. It will change drastically over the first month after it is released though. It will likely come down unless it is found to be amazing for one of the stronger tournament decks. (unlikely due to the hard casting cost)
Posted 03 January 2013 at 21:29

That's good new. I want that shirt to drop and yes it is a strong card but it is one of those types that by it self is not a game changer. It needs to be a part of a team that makes it shine.
Posted 03 January 2013 at 22:50