Discussion Forum

Notifcations

Is there a way a notification system similar to the Deck Comment Inbox from v2 can be implemented? I would like to see if my decks are liked/commented on and I have too many decks to remember and go through all of them.
Posted 21 January 2013 at 22:50

Still trying to figure out the best way to present this on a page at the moment, we'll have *something* soon!
Posted 27 January 2013 at 19:30

i cant wait.

we need something to make it easier to keep track of who actually replies to your comments.

its frustration to go through 10+ past comments only to find only 1 person actually said anything in response to your comment
Posted 29 January 2013 at 00:13

The old "Deck Comments Inbox" was perfect.
Posted 29 January 2013 at 22:03

[QUOTE=racky54]The old "Deck Comments Inbox" was perfect.[/QUOTE]

Great, but not perfect. It didnt notify when people replied to your comments on their decks. Still really miss the feature.

Maybe something that lets you follow decks? Like commenting on a deck subscribes you to activity on that deck, and you get a notification or something of the like when the deck is active. Just a thought
Posted 30 January 2013 at 01:08

Would you want notifications to be internal to vault or for vault to send out emails or something? For example you could login and have an "Inbox" of sorts that has a list of all notifications of new comments/replies, this could sit in the main account bar and show how many new notifications you have waiting for you, would that work?
Posted 30 January 2013 at 10:29

I like the inbox idea a lot. My email is full enough already lol
Posted 30 January 2013 at 12:55

Agreed, internal would be MUCH more convenient to access, especially for users like me who check their email once every 8 or 9 months :P
Posted 30 January 2013 at 23:11

[QUOTE=racky54]Agreed, internal would be MUCH more convenient to access, especially for users like me who check their email once every 8 or 9 months :P[/QUOTE]

This. Though not as bad as 8 or 9 months haha
Posted 31 January 2013 at 01:39

Ok, I'll start thinking about how to get this working and hopefully work on it next week! I wanted to start this week but we've run out of time and I've got working on the morning, sorry! :)
Posted 31 January 2013 at 01:58

[QUOTE=Gary]Ok, I'll start thinking about how to get this working and hopefully work on it next week! I wanted to start this week but we've run out of time and I've got working on the morning, sorry! :)[/QUOTE]

God damn Gary having other things to do besides making this site more awesome. The hell you think you are?! =P
Posted 31 January 2013 at 11:02

Any news on this yet? This I feel is pretty important since once you have 3+ pages of decks, it's difficult to notice new comments.
Posted 25 February 2013 at 04:03

Will probably start looking at this NEXT wednesday, this one we want to try and tidy up some outstanding issues like the problems people are having with naming a deck and getting the missing sets into the database. Once that is out of the way we can get onto the new features! ;)
Posted 25 February 2013 at 21:35

I don't know how long this has been done for (haven't been on in a while :/) but I just wanna say I really like how you guys did the new notification system. It turned out really well and makes keeping up so much easier, kudos for a great update :)
Posted 24 April 2013 at 01:06

Thanks! There's still loads to do on this, I want to add the ability to subscribe and unsubscribe manually and add other types of notifications but that said, I think we've done the most important ones first. You can now see whenever anybody replies to a deck you've made or a deck you've commented on (since the system went live). :)
Posted 24 April 2013 at 08:50