Discussion Forum

Manditory deck tagging

It's gotta happen. If you look at the front page (new decks) right now, about 3 decks actually have tags.

On a side note, I think deck tags are currently a little wonky. For example I'll click on "EDH (10)" and instead of ten decks showing up, I'll get 6 or something, and one or two of them won't even have the EDH tag...
Posted 29 January 2013 at 00:50

i agree 100% theres been a flood of new members ( it seems) and the vault is jam packed full of jank ass decks with no tags. iv almost givin up on this site. i see like one or two decent decks every few days/ if people tagged their decks it would help me not waste so much time looking at crap casual decks, or standard decks i dont care about.

also like surewhynot was saying, the tag system is broken. anytime you delete a tag from a deck, or delete the entire deck, the tags dont go away.
for example when you go to my decks, you see tags for "tokens" "modern tokens" etc, but i deleted that deck weeeeeeks ago. so you click on the tag and it brings you to nothing.
Posted 29 January 2013 at 18:33

Ok guys, I will look into this one tonight, tags must not be getting deleted properly at some point. Sorry for the problems!
Posted 30 January 2013 at 10:25

The counts should be more accurate now. Standard says 33 instead of 32, but the rest are accurate. As Gary said, Wednesday Coding night, so we'll look into resolving this tonight :)

Yes. We have a plan!
Posted 30 January 2013 at 10:38

Basic auto-tagging would go a long way to help keep the tag cloud relevant.

For example, detect and tag upon deck submission:

* Format validity: Standard, Modern, Legacy, Vintage and Casual
* Variants: EHD, Pauper, Peasent, etc.
* Tribal: Flag if more than 50% of unique spells are of the same creature type
* Cost to build: Cheap < $12, Budget < $25, etc.
* ...etc...

As a new(-ish) vault member myself who's rediscovering MtG after 15 years, I don't find much value in the tag cloud. As an unmoderated medium, there are probably just as many decks that have been poorly tagged by their authors as those with no tags whatsoever.
Posted 30 January 2013 at 14:05