Discussion Forum

[Noteworthy Plays] We got your news right here.

Hey all, this is Alex Gwilt of the MTG Vault Newswriters, and this is a quick intro to my column, Noteworthy Plays.

Basically, Noteworthy Plays is going to be all about the latest Magic: the Gathering News, be it from tournament reports, latest decklists, new innovations in deckbuilding technology, and anything else, well, new! This column will also focus on new products from Magic, so I'll be doing Worldwake spoilers as I hear about them. Other than that, almost anything goes. I'll be paying special attention to Tournament magic as a rule, but this column's pretty wide open, so only time will tell.

I'll also be accepting requests for things you want to see written on or about. So if you've got a crazy new idea from the tournament scene, send it in!

So that's about all I'll be talking about here, keep an eye out for the [Noteworthy Plays] Label, and I'll see you all around!

-Alex Gwilt
Posted 29 December 2009 at 21:45

It's nice to finally get some articles on MTGVault, especially from you, NightLoki. You've been on the site a long time.
Posted 30 December 2009 at 01:35

I haven't been here that long I don't think, but it's great to hear that at least someone'll read this. I doubt there'll be many articles 'til next PTQ season, but there should be something within the next few weeks. SCG Open for LA's coming up after all, I should be able to get something from that.
Posted 30 December 2009 at 01:46

well, the end of the year is coming up too, that has an impact, but i'm glad to see artcles coming up too, can't wait to see what decklists come up and everything (then again, i'm still trying to find a decent t2 grixis controll deck, ohh wel, dreams are dreams.)
Posted 30 December 2009 at 05:23

Glad you guys like what is happening with the site. Hope we can continue to please you with our work.

Check out my latest article "Why Jund?" You might like it.
Posted 30 December 2009 at 05:32

Yes, I too am pleased we're going to be having both magic news and articles on the site, I look forward to reading all our writer's works!

When the site upgrades are done and live the plan is to get all of this content coming through onto the site itself to give the articles a much wider audience and at the same time deliver news to the people who want it! :)
Posted 30 December 2009 at 09:04

Seems pretty good to me, hopefully the comments on articles will stick around, I always liked that feature.
Posted 30 December 2009 at 11:59

Yeah, I'm thinking on the content pages on the site at the bottom we have something like "Comments (23)" with a link through to the forums where people can see the replies and add their own comments etc.
Posted 30 December 2009 at 15:06

I like it very much.
Posted 30 December 2009 at 15:40