Discussion Forum

Naming my decks

Why can't I rename my decks? Every time I try to create a new deck, it does not allow me to save the name. It defaults to the number of the deck.
Posted 18 February 2013 at 15:54

Hello,

When you click on that number, it should hide and a cursor will appear so you can type in that box. Once you've finished typing, simply click away from that (i.e click anywhere else) and it'll auto save.

Cheers
Posted 18 February 2013 at 16:06

I've tried doing that... numerous times. It still doesn't register/save the name of the deck.
Posted 18 February 2013 at 16:08

I assume everything else works fine? adding cards, changing quantities, commenting etc?

Also, what browser / o/s combination are you using?

Thanks

Edit: Oh, and does the typing part work, it just doesn't save?
Posted 18 February 2013 at 16:26

Everything else works fine. I can type the name, it just doesn't save it.
I can add cards, but I haven't figured out how to edit the number of a specific card I want in the deck (ex: changing it from 3 copies of a card down to 2).

Oh, and I'm running IE8 and Windows XP.
Posted 18 February 2013 at 16:31

Okay. I think we're going to add a button to instigate the save. Much clearer and should definitely work every time :P

To change the quantity, just click on the number and it should turn into a text box. Type the new number and click away. Then that'll save the new quantity.

If that process works, no reason why the name changing doesn't work, so it'll be a good test :P

Ian
Posted 18 February 2013 at 16:33

Ok, I can click on the quantity and a text box opens for me to change the quantity. However, once I click off the text box still remains and the new quantity does not change/save.
Posted 18 February 2013 at 17:54

Okay cool. Least we know where the issue is with. What browser do you use? and what version of the browser?

I'm assuming the lose focus method doesn't work at all :-) Knowing the above will help me narrow the issue down.

Cheers
Posted 18 February 2013 at 17:57

Oh, and instead of clicking away, try pressing enter. That should work as well.
Posted 18 February 2013 at 17:58

Internet Explorer 8

...and hitting 'Enter' doesn't work for me either, unfortunately.
Posted 18 February 2013 at 18:00

Right okay. I'll take a look tonight!
Posted 18 February 2013 at 18:05

I appreciate it.
Also, I've noticed that nothing saves. Deck tags. Visibility Options. Nothing saves. I can create a new deck, but that's about it.
Posted 18 February 2013 at 20:37

Right. I can't seem to recreate this in IE8 dev mode. So I've got a couple of little checks that you could do for me.

1) When viewing a deck, if you hover over the small thumbnails next to each card, do you see a small popup?
2) If you are viewing anyone elses deck and click "Deck Stats", does that page even work? There should be some graphs at the top.
3) If you view someone else deck and click "Draw Sample Hand" does that do anything?

If none of that works, I suspect you have Javascript turned off. It's not a default setting to turn off, so maybe your security or antivirus is disabling it?

Alternatively, install Chrome, Firefox or IE9. The sites have been fully tested in all those browsers :)

HTH

Ian
Posted 18 February 2013 at 22:00

1) When viewing a deck, if you hover over the small thumbnails next to each card, do you see a small popup?

No.

2) If you are viewing anyone elses deck and click "Deck Stats", does that page even work? There should be some graphs at the top.

Yes.

3) If you view someone else deck and click "Draw Sample Hand" does that do anything?

No. Not for anyone's deck, including my own.
Posted 19 February 2013 at 00:46

Sounds like you have Javascript turned off. Do you know how to turn it back on, or why it's turned off? :)

Ian
Posted 19 February 2013 at 10:08

No I don't
Posted 19 February 2013 at 14:08

I think this may ultimately end up boiling down to an old browser. The site works well in the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, Opera and even IE9, are you able to upgrade to any of these browsers at all?
Posted 20 February 2013 at 23:20