Discussion Forum

Trash for Treasure Ideas

Ok, so I'd like to have some opinions on this. Let's say you have an artifact deck with 4 trash for treasure in it and you're gonna reanimate any artifact on turn two or three. What in everyone's opinion would be the best artifacts to reanimate. Two that came to my mind were darksteel forge and inkwell leviathan. But I would like to here what other people think and some ideas for what to reanimate. It makes me sad that darksteel colossus and blightsteel colossus can't be included in this because of their anti-graveyard ability =[

I have an artifact deck right now that I plan on morphing into a trash for treasure artifact deck in the future is why I would like to hear some ideas about what is the best think to reanimate.

(I know that Goblin welder is perfect for a deck like that, but unfortunately I'm not gonna spend 35 + dollars on a play set of him, at least not right now)
Posted 19 February 2013 at 17:49

Hoo boy, I got a list for this! Memory Jar, Darksteel Forge, Inkwell's good, Mycosynth Lattice if you wanna get tricky, Draco if you're crazy (I am), and that's just the stuff off the top of my head!

Also, this might be a deck for Grinding Station if that's the kind of thing you're into. Also Myr Battlesphere, Myr Incubator, Myr Matrix and there's probably some others I'm forgetting.

EDIT: Wait, you're in Red. [CARD="Bosh, Iron Golem"]Bosh, Iron Golem! That card's sweet.
Posted 19 February 2013 at 23:41

I like all those ideas, thanks nightloki! Bosh golem is very interesting, i would have to build something that would really bank off his ability if i put him in. I'm thinking darksteel forge is something i def. will at least have one of in.
I doubt I'd put grinding station in, BUTTTT that is a crazy card and i kinda wanna build a deck for it now haha

What are your thoughts on the many artifact creature sphinx's there are, I was looking at quite a few of them and they really look like good material for trash for treasure to target.
Posted 20 February 2013 at 06:34

I forgot about Sphinx of the Steel Wind. That card is what you would call a veeeeery efficient threat, and I can definitely recommend it. Uhh, as for others, I don't know what you're talking about, so let me go cheat real quick. Enigma Sphinx is kinda cute, but not triggering cascade when you Trash for Treasure isn't great. heh, Magister Sphinx. I forgot about him. Nice. Sharding Sphinx seems okay if you're attacking a lot, but I think you're going for a big thing instead of a lot of small things. That makes the Sharding Sphinx less good. Sharuum the Hegemon yes. All the yes. Sphinx Sovereign's a little underwhelming, but Sphinx Summoner could definitely be fun just to help find some more artifact goodness.
Posted 20 February 2013 at 23:55

I was thinking sphinx of the steel wind, inkwell leviathan, sharuum of hegemon, magister sphinx, and sphinx summoner would be a great line up for artifact reanimate material...... MAYBE a darksteel forge...what do you think?
Posted 21 February 2013 at 16:15

Chewrida, I haven't been around for a while, but one of my philosophies is that I'll make suggestions, but it's up to you what you want to play. Sure, I could tell you the most competitive thing, but where's the fun in that? If you like that mix, play it. If it turns out to be less fun than you thought, mess with it. It's all on you, I'm just here to plant ideas.
Posted 22 February 2013 at 05:43