Discussion Forum

Revisions to my first standard deck

I got my booster box in and didn't get everything I was hoping to make the deck, but that is ok, I made the necessary changes with what I had and the deck now looks like this:
http://mtgvault.com/chewrida/decks/first-standard-deck-orzhov/

I play tested it and it didn't do too bad, did 33 damage on turn 6, has potential to do over 20 on turn 4. Out of 3 games i played so far, 2 against simic evolve based and 1 being a black aggro vampire, I haven't lost yet.

But it still needs work, my fear being my main combo not working as it should or fast enough, so I was thinking about dropping my merciless eviction and all 3 dutiful thrulls for 1 more tragic slip and 3 desecration demons.... Any thoughts? =p
Posted 07 March 2013 at 06:54

I'm not sure about desecration demon..test it out, of course. If that doesnt go too well I'd just drop the thrulls for a fourth lingering souls, another aristocrat, and a murder investigation
Posted 07 March 2013 at 12:46

I def. agree with the 4th lingering souls and a 3rd murder investigation. I'm actually in the process of getting ahold of 1 more of both of those, along with a 4th dying wish (maybe a 4th dying wish, I'm still thinking about it). But the only reason I was thinking desecration demon was it's a pretty good creature in the short game with only costing 4 mana, and if the opponents do sac a creature, itll work with my blood artists too. i just thought I needed something for if my main idea doesnt come through for me.
Posted 07 March 2013 at 15:56

I like Desecration Demon, the card's real good. Sac a guy or get attacked with a 6/6+ flier is a poor option either way unless it's against a token deck.
Posted 08 March 2013 at 00:51

I agree, Desecration Demon is an amazing card. I think it would prove to be a good add to this deck, especially with the Blood Artist. If all else fails in the deck the demon will prove to be a formidable force, or at least just a big distraction.

Let me know what you think if anyone has anymore thoughts for it =]

I updated my deck again, and will continue to as I get the feel of the deck down more, Although I really like how it's playing right now.
Posted 08 March 2013 at 06:58