Discussion Forum

Temporal Verdict UBW

Hello everybody! I want to get your attention to this decklist, which was played in MtgO with results 4-0. And I want to distinguish one thing ? this list contain 0 creatures.

4 Drowned Catacomb
4 Glacial Fortress
2 Godless Shrine
4 Hallowed Fountain
4 Isolated Chapel
3 Nephalia Drownyard
1 Sulfur Falls
2 Watery Grave

4 Azorius Charm
1 Blind Obedience
2 Chromatic Lantern
2 Detention Sphere
2 Jace, Architect of Thought
1 Jace, Memory Adept
1 Liliana of the Veil
1 Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
1 Sorin, Lord of Innistrad
3 Sphinx's Revelation
4 Supreme Verdict
2 Tamiyo, the Moon Sage
4 Temporal Mastery
4 Terminus
4 Think Twice

Sideboard
1 Blind Obedience
3 Duress
3 Negate
1 Psychic Spiral
2 Rest in Peace
2 Tribute to Hunger
2 Ultimate Price
1 Witchbane Orb

For the beginning I want say a couple words about each card.

Nephalia Drownyard - conceptual cards, deck strategy is milling and, well, all?s fair in love and mtg. Especially lands.

Azorius Charm - this Temporal Verdict.dec (how I call it) need a time. Charm buy a time for us, it is obvious, but second ability (draw a card) start working better in difference of other UBW mill, because we have now 8 Miracle cards, and we really can play it in opponent turn. But third ability stopped working forever. I accepted it.

Blind Obedience - this card stopped all hasted stuff, regain life and don?t do anything yet. I mean at first look this card is great, but when u start topdecking just it, well, Obedience can become a big trouble, coz this cards really do nothing and require a lot of mana, but looks great in only one exemplar. Good vs agro ofc, Naya's humans still unhappy.

Chromatic Lantern- we need it and you know why.

Detention Sphere - nasty underrated card, I really like it, because not too much of disenchants in standard now. Hello, Abrupt Decay!

About Planeswalkers - all of them strong enough and good enough, but numbers of them really variability. Not for Nicolas, of course, it's a deck chairman and he can be only one (according to documents).

Temporal Mastery - o'key, it's a time for basis of deck. It's a good luck to get it on third turn and bad for a second)). But real reason isn't a randomly low coasted luck, this card working with all of your Planeswalkers. I call it big advantage time when that happened. And don't forget your charms and think twices, all of them help to each other and flowing together in one great advantage. Extremely strong.

Terminus - one of the greatest "wrath" for all the time! Why? Coz, it don't destroy, it removes from the game. Almost. I mean Reanimators, undying cards and morbid (Brimstone Volley) all of them cry. They cry more when u cast it on they own turn. Unenviable fate.

Think Twice - be sure when u cast it, because u have a good chance for some miracle cards. Just try to keep some free mana for it.

I'm more then sure, that sideboard is a personal case of each man on that Earth)). Just be sure that cards which you use don't break your basis strategy.

I want return to one interested fact - this deck contain 0 creatures and it's a best thing why I really like this deck. How you know many decks in standard have much removal cards and it is clear standard metagame full of creature deck. And what happened when we remove all our creatures from deck? Removal cards in opponent deck become unplayable.
Well, all of the above enough for to make my choice.

This deck looks very strong if our hands don't looks like 3 Temporal Mastery and 2 Terminus and any two land on start. I clearly understand, that this deck can lose for own hands, but who can't? In all other cases we can show a strong play and I'm sure that not many standard decks could have resisted.

Lastly.
Sphinx's Revelation costs 35 $ in MtgO.
Temporal Mastery costs 9$
And who really know what awaits us in future?
And sorry for my English.

If you have any idea for this deck or advices ? please say it. I really interested in this deck and I looking for any ways to improve it.
If u never see this deck before - just try it. Very fun in play. And who doesn't like miracles?
Posted 15 March 2013 at 13:16

to post a comment.