Discussion Forum

Might just be me...

The vault has been extremely laggy and finicky lately. I don't know if it's just me who's having these issues or what, but either way it's acting very sluggish =/
Posted 02 April 2013 at 00:04

nevermind, it seems to have fixed itself. :D
Posted 02 April 2013 at 04:36

It's not just you. We're kinda maxing out our current server and are going to have to upgrade it probably pretty soon. Unfortunately it's going to cost us quite a lot, so we've got to think about that side of it too :/

Ian
Posted 02 April 2013 at 09:10

I've just ordered a new server to host the forums separately. Hopefully removing MySQL and PHP duties from the main server will free up some resources for the main site. With great traffic comes great cost! :P
Posted 03 April 2013 at 10:50

Just an update. Linux box for the forums is now sorted.

Main site is still having some issues, so just seeing what the best avenue to go is! Fortunately our hosts (Rackspace) are pretty good at helping out when there's issues, so hopefully there shouldn't be too much downtime.

Regards a server, we're just discussing whether we need to split out the database and IIS, or just resize (i.e throw more RAM and CPU) at the current setup. I've also got to spend several hours to see what the actual catalyst is!

There goes my evenings the next few nights.... :)

Ian
Posted 05 April 2013 at 09:11

The site and database servers are now running on seperate boxes. It'll take a bit of time for everyone's ISPs to update to the new IP, but it should be faster once it does!

If you notice anything weird, please let me know.

Cheers

Now time to start on that donate page.... ;)
Posted 05 April 2013 at 22:53

I also found that the proxy page was breaking on some decks such as this one :

http://www.mtgvault.com/flamereaper/decks/lets-grab-a-drink-and-talk/

The proxy page was killing the server, which I think when it got crawled by bot(s), it added massive overheads.

Ian
Posted 08 April 2013 at 20:54