Discussion Forum

Seeking Mtg Gruul Clan Mentor

I am still a relatively fresh mtg player, have had some luck but not consistently. Trying to find a established player to better help me learn the game and to run deck ideas across!
Posted 07 April 2013 at 18:59

if you want to learn how to play legacy I can help you but I don't know much about standard and Modern I'm afraid.

just post your questions and we'll take it from there....
Posted 08 April 2013 at 08:04

Legacy and Modern are where I seem to have my best luck. But that's on the coat tails of my Goblin Deck my one real good deck, probably the deck I've put the most effort into. Heck could still improve that at least for legacy.

Creature

3xFrenzied Goblin
3xGoblin Bushwhacker
2xGoblin Chieftain
4xGoblin Guide
4xGoblin Wardriver
4xLegion Loyalist
3xRaging Goblin
3xWarren Instigator

Instant

4xLightning Bolt
3xManamorphose
3xSmash

Sorcery

2xGoblin Grenade

Land

19xMountain
4xTeetering Peaks

Sideboard (15 cards)

Instant

1xSmash
4xAura Barbs

Sorcery

2xGoblin Grenade
4xKrenko's Command
4xVandalblast

If you can help me out on this and let me know how going wrong on it would appreciate it. The key to my issue is understanding what I'm not seeing in deck design. This is only for tournament style play do not play casual except to battletest my decks! My Mtg vault is www.mtgvault.com/fox_Dracon.
Posted 08 April 2013 at 12:24

can you either use the CARD tags or use something like http://deckstats.net/ to show your list so we don't have to look up cards we don't know?

With legacy do you mean casual play using the legacy ban list or legacy tournament play? it only makes sense to have a sideboard when you play tournament magic.
Posted 08 April 2013 at 14:08