Discussion Forum

Low-Mid-High Values and Card Sets

Maybe I'm doing it wrong but could someone tell me if the feature what shows low-mid-high card value not working on some cards? I use the feature to quickly "guesstimate" a value of a card when deck building.

Also... what about he feature that allows you to change the set a card is from?

Thanks for any help.
Posted 08 April 2013 at 10:53

My guess would be that the database pulls averages based on multiple sales on multiple sites (since it shows them on the card pages... If a card doesn't have a lot of exposure (such as FTV sets or Commander's Arsenal, it will return a nil value rather than suggesting an average of only a couple results.

I could be entirely wrong though...
Posted 08 April 2013 at 11:37

Well.. the particular cards in question are Dual Lands, Swords to Plowshares, Force of Will etc. Older type cards, that keep showing up as Masters Edition (just found out thats what the set symbol looks like)

Is there any way I can change the set?? For example a Masters Edition FOW pulls up $0.00 value where if it was the proper set it would be $50-$80 etc.
Posted 08 April 2013 at 17:37

Hello

It basically pulls the latest version of that card, of which I guess there are some reprints in masters. This has been bugging me for a bit, so maybe i'll mark the promo sets and make it pull just from the core sets by default.

Will probably get around to looking at this on Tuesday/Wednesday after talking to Gary.

HTH

Ian
Posted 08 April 2013 at 20:52

That would be awesome! Thanks!
Posted 08 April 2013 at 21:47

Masters Edition is MTGO so there is no $ value for it. You can always delete and readd the older version of the card until they get it fixed.
Posted 09 April 2013 at 05:16

That's kind of the problem... Since the new format, I haven't been able to find anything on the site that allows me to change from say.. Masters to Alliance or vice versa. Maybe I'm not doing it right? But it's auto selecting the set for me.
Posted 09 April 2013 at 05:19

You can select it if you find the card from the card search rather than the deck edit page. The dropdown is textless but the set order is the same as it shows on the card details.
Posted 09 April 2013 at 05:59

That should work! Just updating the Card Search page to show results in the same way.

Ian
Posted 10 April 2013 at 20:50