Discussion Forum

steal and sacrifice need ideas to improve!!!!!!!

I am putting together a R/B steal and sacrifice deck and i wanted some opinions. Here it is tell me what you think and how it can improve if you don't mind.

4-Bloodthrone Vampire
3-Disciples of Griselbrand
3-Corpse Blockade
2-Falkenrath Aristocrat
2-Charmbreaker Devil

4-Act of Treason
4-Mark of Mutiny
3-Traitorous Blood
3-Traitorous Instinct
3-Bone Splinters
3-Altar's Reap
4-Reforge the Soul

4-Blood Crypt
4-Rakdos Guildgate
9-Swamps
7-Moutains

2-Glaring Spotlight
2-Devour Flesh
3-Undercity Informer
3-Searing Spear
3-Skullcrack
2-Blood Reckoning
Posted 17 April 2013 at 20:05

seems excessive to have 14 Threaten spells in one deck. I'm not a standard player so I don't know what the meta is like. Threaten effects usually do well against fat creature decks but they are bad against token strategies, control decks and combo decks. I would make the deck less liniar so that it can deal with a wider range of deck types.

Bloodthrone Vampire is obviously good as it benefits from stealing creatures. Altar's Reap is costly seeing that you have to pay the 2 mana in the same turn you cast your threaten spell.
Bone Splinters can backfire when your opponent has only one creature, if you want to get rid of only one creature with Bone Splinters you will have to shoot one of your own creatures.

I think you would probably win more games if you focus your deck on fast aggressive greatures (aggro) with some additional steal and sacrifice extras as a secondary control strategy.
Posted 18 April 2013 at 08:53