Discussion Forum

Prerelease Guilds

Now that the set is fully spoiled, which guild will you choose at the prerelease?

For those who do not already know, the Dragon's Maze prerelease is somewhat different. You still get a guild pack of your chosen guild (from the set they originated in), but you also get a second secret guild pack from a guild that shares a color from the opposite set (so Orzhov could get Rakdos, Selesnya, Golgari, and Azorious). These secret guilds are chosen at random and you won't know them until you open your guild box. Also worth noting: everyone gets the same prerelease card (Maze's End) and you may not use it in your pool.
Posted 22 April 2013 at 17:38

As a loyal member of the simic guild, I will be playing simic...but hoping that I get enough for a decent bant deck. Selesnya seems strongest to me, and azorious can offer some nice goodies too. Not to mention, armored wolf rider is probably my favorite artwork this set. And the 4 drop ostrich is a major badass. But if I pull enough goblin test pilots it will be a RUG deck.
Posted 23 April 2013 at 03:21

I picked Izzet with a back up as Dimir... although I signed up early enough I'm basically guaranteed Izzet. Not specifically from any cards spoiled, I just like the guild and figure that the slow controlling style of those guilds will be stronger in this "forced" three color prerelease than they were in previous aggro favoring ones.
Posted 23 April 2013 at 09:30

Orzhov. Always Orzhov.
Posted 24 April 2013 at 04:12

I actually have no idea what I'm going to pick at the moment. :S
Posted 24 April 2013 at 08:55