Sideboard (15 cards)
2xElixir of Immortality
2xCouncil of the Absolute
2xNotion Thief
4xDissipate
2xEssence Scatter
1xNegate
2xSyncopate

Just a deck that i came up with and i truly enjoy it but with the meta at my store i dont know what to do , i lose to most of the aggros decks there. Any suggestions are welcome at this point ill do anything to make this deck work.
Posted 09 May 2013 at 03:32

If you have problems with aggro decks, you can always sideboard Ætherize or Restore the Peace for some extra removal.

Aggro decks are quick and get creatures out before you have the mana to really control everything. Bouncing everything on turn 3/4 lets you survive long enough for your mana to catch up and they'll have lost their early game advantage from that point.
Posted 09 May 2013 at 04:59

For quick and easy removal you could try Unsummon and Cyclonic Rift to give you some breathing room from turn to turn, perhaps even Feeling of Dread although the bounces combo nicely with the counter spells.

Another option could be Blind Obedience, it really hinders all of these fast Aggro decks and with he Extort trigger you can trickle your Life total back up.
Posted 09 May 2013 at 18:33

thanks for the info, do you like the deck itself to because I was told that it was kinda all over the place because of the mill and creature combo? anything you would change?
Posted 09 May 2013 at 19:23

I would look at switching out the Ætherling and reconsider how strongly you want to be milling your opponent. You only have the Drownyards milling right now so perhaps look at adding in more milling support, perhaps in the form of Nightveil Specter? I'm not too sure as I haven't seen a Nephalia deck at my local FNM in a while. Perhaps after tomorrow night's event I'll be able to give you a better idea of what might go well in your deck.
Posted 09 May 2013 at 19:49

If you want to mill more run 1-2 more copies of Jace. He is a house in Esper.
Posted 09 May 2013 at 20:26

[QUOTE=ManicMike78]I would look at switching out the Ætherling and reconsider how strongly you want to be milling your opponent. You only have the Drownyards milling right now so perhaps look at adding in more milling support, perhaps in the form of Nightveil Specter? I'm not too sure as I haven't seen a Nephalia deck at my local FNM in a while. Perhaps after tomorrow night's event I'll be able to give you a better idea of what might go well in your deck.[/QUOTE]

Why would you cut Ætherling? It's the perfect win condition for a control deck... an unblockable threat that dodges all removal and supports the draw - go playstyle. That's the last card he should cut. The mill should go before that as it's more of a side focus. Without committing to it, mill is pointless. If you go straight mill, it's great but with just a few splash cards, it's not worth it.
Posted 10 May 2013 at 05:16

In response to the last reply, if i took out drown yards what would i replace them with?
Posted 10 May 2013 at 19:55