Discussion Forum

Turn 5 Door to Nothingness

I recently built a deck called "Ramp to Nothingness" http://www.mtgvault.com/dylanmcla/decks/ramp-to-nothingness/

I've had successes at FNM and even wins with this deck but it is far from perfect.

There are times where I can't find door but I have at least 8 mana on turn four meaning Advent of the Wurm or Thragtusk can come out early. Populating Advent is another way to win. Thinking of putting in Slime Molding due to the fact that I can use that as a very effective mana sink if I can't seal the deal with Door.

Chromatic Lantern is key here, and Verdant Haven pairs very well with Arbor Elf since you can yield four mana from one land. The problem of course is getting there. The rest of the deck is there to strictly buy time. Thragtusk and Advent of the Wurm are big creatures that are easy to cast and can help stall a board. Fog and Druids Deliverance are pretty straight forward.

Selesnya Charm is a card I threw in strictly for it ability to exile larger creatures, and possible make a 2/2 token but as of yet it hasnt done much for me. I feel like two Lingering Souls might be better suited there.

Like I said Im very new at this, but this deck has proved to be fun to play. Ive played against a few of the juggernaut decks of the format Junk Reanimator and Aristocrats and I have won matches multiple times but I was always very close to lethal.

I need some way to deal with control, I was thinking Voice of Resurgance is a big aid to dealing with U/W control so I might sub some in.

Im not sure what a good sideboard plan is for this so Id love some help with that. Anyway I think this could be a really fun casual deck that can sometimes eek out big wins.
Posted 22 May 2013 at 18:32

to post a comment.