Discussion Forum

Black/White infect?

I want to make a Scars of Mirrodin block Infect deck using Black and White. I have a list of cards to choose from, and I'm hoping that something good can come from it. Here's my list:

(Had to edit it for easier viewing. Thanks to Seth for the suggestion)

http://deckstats.net/decks/4268/1602...-idea-contents

I am sorry for the somewhat lengthy list. I hope someone can help me to put together a competent deck that not only works well, but looks good doing it. Thank you.
Posted 26 May 2013 at 23:21

Just bumping the thread, hoping for a bite haha.
Posted 27 May 2013 at 01:16

I was kind of thinking that Hex Parasite and Glistening Oil might go well together, as I can feed the -1/-1 counter to him to make him a 2/1 Infect, though I'm sure that's probably a waste of Mana.
Posted 27 May 2013 at 02:49

Another shameless bump. Looking for deck ideas with the listed cards above. Any feedback would be great.
Posted 27 May 2013 at 06:51

82 views and no one to lend a hand? :(

Another bump it is, then.
Posted 27 May 2013 at 14:53

96 views and not a peep...wonderful... -.-
Posted 27 May 2013 at 22:53

112 views? I'm starting to think no one is willing to help out. :(
Posted 28 May 2013 at 04:00

Stop bumping your thread every few hours. It's a weekend, there's not a lot of people on and even fewer that actually post. It's not like there's so much traffic that you've even dropped from the top spot...

Phyrexian Metamorph is blue so can't be used unless you have a blue general.

A lot of these cards have absolutely nothing to do with infect or are counter intuitive to the strategy... Suture Priest? Who cares what someone's life total is if they're dead at 10 poison?

A lot of the infect creatures are too weak for EDH. You'd be better off playing naturally large creatures (green) and giving them infect or getting people poison counters and then proliferating (blue).

There's also the option of large buff effects like Hatred.

What general do you have in mind? You'd be better off making a deck list first and then asking for help to improve it rather than asking for people to help you build it from scratch.
Posted 28 May 2013 at 05:08

I should have thought about that first. I wasn't going for an EDH deck, just your average 60-card setup.
Posted 28 May 2013 at 06:31

[QUOTE=Chainers_Edict]I should have thought about that first. I wasn't going for an EDH deck, just your average 60-card setup.[/QUOTE]

That's my bad... I swear the title said EDH in it. >.>

The best infect decks for 60 card tend to have the 1-2 drop infect guys and then use pump effects to get them to kill in one or two hits.
Posted 28 May 2013 at 06:43

[QUOTE=_Epsilon_]That's my bad... I swear the title said EDH in it. >.>

The best infect decks for 60 card tend to have the 1-2 drop infect guys and then use pump effects to get them to kill in one or two hits.[/QUOTE]

I figured as much. I have a 60-card monoblack infect deck in my profile, but I was hoping to find some way to blend B/W, but the only cards I have are the ones I listed.
Posted 28 May 2013 at 07:02

[QUOTE=Chainers_Edict]I figured as much. I have a 60-card monoblack infect deck in my profile, but I was hoping to find some way to blend B/W, but the only cards I have are the ones I listed.[/QUOTE]

Why white? what does it do for an infect deck?

Green I can understand, :manab::manag: infect is from what I've seen the most effective way to get about it. Both colors have cheap infect dudes, green has great cards to make creatures huge (Revenge of the Hunted and Invigorate for instance) and black has the best creature removal to make sure your creatures don't get blocked.

PS: I noticed that you have replied to no other posts on this forum but your own. Are you really that surprised that no one helps you out with an attitude like that? Lets presume everyone acts like you do by only asking for help but giving none in return... see where this is going? That's the reason you don't get any replies, you and others need to contribute to this board in order to make it work.
Posted 28 May 2013 at 08:02

[QUOTE=Seth]Why white? what does it do for an infect deck?

Green I can understand, :manab::manag: infect is from what I've seen the most effective way to get about it. Both colors have cheap infect dudes, green has great cards to make creatures huge (Revenge of the Hunted and Invigorate for instance) and black has the best creature removal to make sure your creatures don't get blocked.

PS: I noticed that you have replied to no other posts on this forum but your own. Are you really that surprised that no one helps you out with an attitude like that? Lets presume everyone acts like you do by only asking for help but giving none in return... see where this is going? That's the reason you don't get any replies, you and others need to contribute to this board in order to make it work.[/QUOTE]

Because it's difficult and I'd like some suggestions on how to make something like this work.

PS: I've been inactive on the forums, doing most of my talking outside of the forum. I give back on the regular mtgvault site, providing insight and suggestions for deck ideas. I'm fully aware of the need to contribute, though I cannot provide insight on topics I am neither familiar with or have any stake in, as I'm certain I would be talking about things I know nothing about.
Posted 28 May 2013 at 08:31

yeah ok but there are no good white infect cards and white doesn't contribute to an aggresive infect strategy. It's a very passive color.
So aside from it being challenging what do you want to play thats white in an infect deck that makes it worth playing and that can't be done in for instance green (which overlaps white for a large part)? Infect as a mechanic is like a tribe with only a handful of creatures ever printed for that tribe, it just doesn't mix well with the rest of magic the gathering. Playing infect forces you into an overplayed stereotype.

By the way It would help if you put card tags around the cards you post. I for instance don't know these cards by heart and I have to go look them up one by one which doesn't help you get a lot of response.
It also helps if there is no dash in front of the cards, either just put the card name or the quantity space card name. That way people like me can copy your card list and dump it in a program like http://deckstats.net/ that shows us the info we need.
Posted 28 May 2013 at 09:14

So I pulled up DeckStats and put the cards I listed in there for easier viewing.

http://deckstats.net/decks/4268/16020-deck-idea-contents

I'm hoping I can find a way of making them work together. I was almost considering getting Rage Extractor and just buying a bunch of spells that use the Phyrexian Mana haha.
Posted 29 May 2013 at 00:15

Just cleaned up the thread to save people the trouble of looking through whiny bumps.
Posted 29 May 2013 at 00:56

that's great man, I'll try to build you something when I get the time

cheers
Posted 29 May 2013 at 08:00

here's my attempt at a deck

http://deck.tk/32yo7L9V
Posted 29 May 2013 at 08:26

[QUOTE=Seth]here's my attempt at a deck

http://deck.tk/32yo7L9V[/QUOTE]

I don't have access to some of those cards, but I doubt they'll be hard to obtain. This looks...like...REALLY good, Man. Thanks! I'll have to put them together and playtest it to see how it does.
Posted 29 May 2013 at 08:48

lost leonin, priests of norn and shriek raptor are good white infect creatures
Posted 23 June 2013 at 01:24