Discussion Forum

Selling MTG cards pricing help

Hay im looking to unload most all my unused rare/mythic rare cards on ebay but im not shur what a fair price point for them would be
example i have a few grave titan's and they can go for anywhere from $9-$3 im using tcgplayer.com for my reference but would it be best to price my cards at the average high, medium, or low price point?
Posted 24 July 2013 at 00:37

depends on the quality + you're not a shop, a shop has expenses, taxes etc... You don't, people will expect you to see your cards cheaper. The price reference you use doesn't take into account the quality of the card. It can be 9$ for Mint and 3$ for poor.
You need to find a shop with low prices, look up the price for your card at the correct quality and make sure the card isn't sold out, if it is the price will not be updated to the latest price. Also some shops only update their prices if the price goes up giving you yet another false high price indication.

Cards that have rotated out of standard are a good example, you'll find many stores where the price hasn't dropped yet. If a card rotates it should drop in price conciderably unless it's become a Modern or Legacy staple and even then those do not impact prices like standard does. Basically competitive staples are worth money, everything else is just paper and isn't worth anything.

You can only sell a card at the shop price if t's extremly popular and the demand is very high. If the demand is low you'll be lucky to sell it at half shop price because why would anyone buy cards on ebay when their trusted store has them for the same price?
Posted 24 July 2013 at 09:21