Discussion Forum

Is TCGplayer.com reliable?

How reliable is TCGplayer.com to buy cards from? I am about to get back into MTG and would like a real good and trustworthy online source for purchasing cards.
Posted 04 August 2013 at 08:02

I have been buying from cardkingdom.com for years, never had any problems and the 1 time an order didn't arrive they just refunded me.
Posted 05 August 2013 at 09:25

The thing about TCG Player is it's a bit like a Market Place. So you're actually just buying from the individual stores VIA TCG Player. TCG Player isn't actually a store. Find a store you like and buy direct from them (as per Seth above). That way you are directly supporting the store itself. :)
Posted 09 August 2013 at 15:24

I've been very pleased with Face to Face Games ((http://www.facetofacegames.com). Large inventory and quick turnaround time on orders. Also hard to argue with their cheap flat-rate shipping on singles: $1.35 (Canada), $2.49 (US), $4.49 (Europe).
Posted 13 August 2013 at 13:10

I've recently purchased from TCG and had a good experience. Cards arrived quickly, cheaply, and in good condition.
Posted 20 February 2014 at 23:32

I've also used cardkingdom.com. I remember one time the order took longer than the usual 2-3 days (I think it took about a week and a half?), anyways they apologized and gave me some free stuff the next time I ordered some cards. I still have some of the custom tokens they gave me.
Posted 26 February 2014 at 13:22