Discussion Forum

[BUG] Deck Description won't update

I have a deck description that reverts to an old version when I refresh the page.

-LastInLine
Posted 09 August 2013 at 01:25

Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

-LastInLine
Posted 09 August 2013 at 01:32

Hmmm. Now everything appears to be fine. I guess this can be considered [FIXED]. Thanks!

-LastInLine
Posted 09 August 2013 at 02:57

Glad to help :D

What was the deck in question? I'll look and see if there was anything weird within the description (funny characters?)

Ian
Posted 09 August 2013 at 08:50

I've been tripped up by this before.

I just naturally assume that updating/saving ANY field (cards, quantities, descrip, how-to-play, tags) will save changes in ALL fields--which isn't the case. I've lost count of the number of times I've created a deck, typed out a description, jumped down and tagged the deck, then later revisited the deck only to see that my description wasn't saved because I inadvertently skipped over the "Save Deck Description" button assuming that Tags auto-save, for example, would save everything about the deck.
Posted 13 August 2013 at 13:15

That's a good point. I'm sure I've done that as well (skipped to another section without saving the previous). I think I was experiencing some general internet instability. I have recently had to log on and log off to restore functionality and clear errors. If this site is being hosted on MS Azure, there may also have been some problems related to their recent SQL outage.

The deck is a private one labeled "FirstCube". It's my first cube build and it's under construction. It'll be 360 cards strong when it's done. Once I've added all the cards, I will make it public. Should be another couple days to get it all put together and documented.

-LastInLine
Posted 20 August 2013 at 14:34