Discussion Forum

Separate likes and favorites!

As it currently stands MTG Vaults likes and favorites are acting in the same way when they should be separate entities. I'll explain below.

http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/diviners-hilt/

I posted a link to a PlanetMinecraft project above as an example because I like the way their system works. If you click on the link above you can see that users can rate each project, if the project is good you give it a Diamond(Like), if you don't like a project you just don't give it a diamond. A project gains popularity and displays on the popular reel if it reaches a certain threshold of Diamonds(Likes).

Now what's so great about this feature is that I can Diamond a project that I think is good, but it doesn't automatically go to my favorites list just because I liked it which is essentially what MTG Vault does. The favorite function works completely independently of the like function which allows user to give credit where its due through the like button, but not fill up their favorites list when it may not be one of their favorite projects.

Jumping back to MTG Vault; this has held me back from liking some decks that have been posted because I don't want them on my likes list because I use that tab as a favorites even though some users deserve more recognition.

TL;DR

How MTG Vault is setup now, the like and the favorite function are acting as one entity and I think they should be separate functions all together.
Posted 17 August 2013 at 01:57

Good argument. I'll discuss with Gary.

You can "Subscribe" to decks, which will alert you when there's new comments, but I guess that a favorite wouldn't do that?
Posted 24 August 2013 at 19:40

I don't think a favorited deck should give you red alerts. It's nice to have a library of decks which you enjoy but don't care what people have to say about it.
Posted 25 August 2013 at 20:20