Discussion Forum

Problem with a deck

I have a red/white, pro-red, reset deck made public. In every database I look, I see that this deck should be legal in both vintage and legacy; however, this site shows it is illegal in both. Will someone please inform me of my problem?
http://www.mtgvault.com/chadrick/decks/blaze-of-glory/
Posted 18 September 2013 at 20:14

There is a bug in the system where basic lands have no picture and are deemed illegal. I switched to snow-covered lands which have a graphic and my issue is solved. This still looks to be a problem in the site, and I hope it will be solved sometime soon.
Posted 18 September 2013 at 22:28

and if you take basic land of recent editions? should not be a problem. All of my decks are legacy/vintage legal and use at least some basic lands.
Posted 19 September 2013 at 07:17

We've only just added legality for the new cards, so adding anything in Theros will now be fine. It's actually incorrect atm, because Theros isn't legal, but yea.

We'll update it properly for the cards rotating out etc, next week, when Theros IS legal.
Posted 19 September 2013 at 09:36

Your deck strategy doesn't work, you don't seem to know the rules of protection.
Posted 19 September 2013 at 13:00

Ive been playing since Ice Age. I am not protected against apocalypse, and if I could figure out a way to get around hard casting worldfire then I would have 4 in my deck in place of it. Jokulhaups and Worldfire dont get through though. My pro- red creatures are safe, along with anything not in the descriptions. BTW, as far as a mana engine is concerned I am not willing to sac creatures, sac direct damage for exile, and desperate rituals are about pointless. If you have any ideas on how to get 9 mana on the board easily then please let me know. And if I am wrong about protection then I would like to know how.
Posted 19 September 2013 at 14:54

Protection prevents your guys from being TARGETTED by red spells, it does not prevent them from dying to non targetting sweepers.
Posted 20 September 2013 at 05:03

[QUOTE=chadrick_mcgowan] And if I am wrong about protection then I would like to know how.[/QUOTE]

I posted the rules of protection in the deck thread but I saw you marked the deck as private.

Anyway there are ways to mimic the deckstyle you wanted to play here. You could build for instance a Wildfire deck (and there is a second card with simular effect called Destructive Force). If you build a Green-Red mana ramp deck that can play a powerful creature followed by a wildfire you're probably good against a lot of decks.

Something with Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Sakura-Tribe Elder Life from the Loam, maybe Devastating Dreams, Wildfire, and some broken creatures like Countryside Crusher or Terravore that play well with Wildfire. You're probably going to do well :)

Wildfire will not destroy Countryside Crusher, it will pump it before damage is checked. You're Countryside Crusher only gets bigger. Same for Terravore.
Posted 20 September 2013 at 08:01