Discussion Forum

quick way to sort many, many cards

Hi,
This is my first post in a very long time and I have 17+ pounds of cards, somehow. and i have sorted them by color and all i need to do now is place them in a binder quickly and cheaply. please help. thianks.
Posted 25 October 2013 at 03:24

There is no "quick" way to sort through several thousand cards... It's a long painful process to sort a huge collection.

The best option would be pulling out all your rares and putting those in binders and leaving the rest in boxes unless you have some valuable uncommons to pull out as well. Ideally you'd want them sorted by sets and collector numbers for ease of indexing but that's going to take a huge time investment to get there.
Posted 25 October 2013 at 10:34

I was just gonna say...if you figure out a way to do it let me know hahaha.
Posted 26 October 2013 at 16:27

I have about 12 large binders full of rares and commons/uncommons that I play often and the rest is like Epsilon said in boxes that are stored away. I hardly ever thouch those boxes unless maybe once a year when some obscure common/uncommon suddenly pops up because its become powerful in combo with a new card. Going through those boxes (which are sorted by color) is a nightmare. I hate it so much that in the rare occasions that I need a bunch of cheap commons for some new Commander deck or something that I just order them at the local store and let them look for those cards instead of having to do it myself.

sorting cards = hell
Posted 28 October 2013 at 08:07

seth,
You are right.
Posted 28 October 2013 at 19:19