Discussion Forum

Red/Green Rush Deck

Hello all,

I've finally made my own deck, and this is the result :) I would consider myself intermediate in terms of skills in MTG.

I wanted to build a rush R/G deck that was able to dish out damage quickly and consistently. Red/Green being my favorite MTG colors, and the best ones for my intended strategy, that's what I went with :)

This is more of a casual deck. I'm not looking into tournaments yet, but I'll think about it as time goes by.

Here's the link to my deck: http://www.mtgvault.com/cagt3000/decks/cagt-redgreen-rush-deck/

Comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Posted 25 November 2013 at 02:26

- Most aggro decks in this format will put really aggressive creatures in play as of turn 1 while your deck seems to be 2CC heavy which seems to slow.
- Control is a very important part of aggro, those lightning bolts for instance are very good so play 4.
- I don't like Giant Growth because it doesn't give trample. Most of the time it will just get rid of a blocker while your creature lives but it won't happen often that you actually connect with a boosted creature.
Colossal Might is probably better.
- Have you concidered Kiln Fiend
- 24 lands is to much for such a straight forward aggro deck. 21 land should be enough.

Personally I would play white instead of green which opens options like Steppe Lynx and Mother of Runes as very good one drops. GWR would be ideal but it's impossible to make it run efficiently with only basic land. Playing 2 colors already slows you down and the slower your deck the more you need to be a control deck and less of an aggro deck.
Posted 25 November 2013 at 09:25

Thanks for the quick response!

I've lowered the amount of land to 22 (11 Mountain and 11 Forest, replaced the 4 Giant Growth with 4 Colossal Might, and added 2 Lightning Bolt

As for Kiln Fiend, I thought about it, but considering I might not always play an instant at the same as it, I thought it would only slow down the pace. Besides, Ash Zealot works great here in my opinion.

I'm not a fan of White, but it definitely has some nice cards for this type of deck. I'll look over it, see what I think. Thanks for all the suggestions :)

Anything else I should look over?
Posted 25 November 2013 at 14:26

If you end up in a situation where you have trouble finishing off your opponent and dealing those last few points of damage you might want to look at Seismic Assault. It's a great way of dealing some direct damage by discarding your mid game land draws that you don't need.
Posted 26 November 2013 at 07:54

Hey, sorry for not responding, had a busy week with school.

Thank you again for the help! I'm waiting for a few cards to arrive, and will play this deck with my friends, see if I can win :)
Posted 03 December 2013 at 03:25