Discussion Forum

New to Magic just saying hello.

Hi

Like I said in the title I'm new to Mtg. I am a Yugioh player mostly and highly competitive when it comes to playing Yugioh. Well I was seriously getting tired of the same old thing and my friends introduced me to Mtg. I was hooked very quickly. Probably the best thing about mtg is the creativity of each deck. My friends and I don't play by any ban list or anything we just build decks and have fun which is a refreshing change from the constant meta changes in Yugioh ban lists. I just want to be able to sit down with some friends and mess around with a fun deck.

So far I have built:

Mono Black Vampires
U/B Zombies
Slivers
And just finished up Werewolves

I love the innistrad theme of horror esque creatures. The high ruling Vampires to the rotting walking dead. So now Werewolves join the team of awesome decks.

So just wanted to say hi and I'm glad to be part of the forums and hopefully I'll be building some decks soon to get your opinions on my builds. Thanks again!
Posted 27 March 2014 at 17:12

[QUOTE=XxRookxX]Hi

Like I said in the title I'm new to Mtg. I am a Yugioh player mostly and highly competitive when it comes to playing Yugioh. Well I was seriously getting tired of the same old thing and my friends introduced me to Mtg. I was hooked very quickly. Probably the best thing about mtg is the creativity of each deck. My friends and I don't play by any ban list or anything we just build decks and have fun which is a refreshing change from the constant meta changes in Yugioh ban lists. I just want to be able to sit down with some friends and mess around with a fun deck.

So far I have built:

Mono Black Vampires
U/B Zombies
Slivers
And just finished up Werewolves

I love the innistrad theme of horror esque creatures. The high ruling Vampires to the rotting walking dead. So now Werewolves join the team of awesome decks.

So just wanted to say hi and I'm glad to be part of the forums and hopefully I'll be building some decks soon to get your opinions on my builds. Thanks again![/QUOTE]

- its best to stick to at least the legacy ban list (or vintage). They hardly ever change and keep things fair. Decks playing 4 demonic Tutor, 4 channel, 4 sol ring, 4 tinker aren't all that fun to play against.
- tribal decks aren't all that creative, wizards pretty much forces you into 90% of your deck choices unless you go for the really huge tribes like goblins or elves where there is room to brew.
- try control decks, singleton decks, 100 card singleton decks, commander decks, 300 card multiplayer decks. Its only there that mtg becomes really creative and most players never even experience that awesomeness because they think a deck should be 60 cards and 4 of each.
Posted 28 March 2014 at 07:54

Hello and welcome!
Posted 28 March 2014 at 09:59