Discussion Forum

BW humans

Ever since the release of Xathrid necromancer and Brave the elements, White weenie style aggro decks have had new tools to fight the meta game. However classic RW Aggro has always felt so inconsistent to me, and with cards thoughtseize, xathrid, and Athreos, it became more apparent to myself and otehrs in our play group that RW was for burn, and BW was the new white weenie.

The metagame, as I have seen it is broken into 5 strong categories:

Black devotion - 1 for 1 removal wont be enough against cards like xathrid necromancer, sin collector, and now with spirit bonds there are even more tools to help feed demons, or fight off sacrifice effects. Underworld connections is also ineffective against a strong onrush of creatures.

UWx Contorl - these matchups are highly in our favor game and even more so in the follow up games, Again xathrid pulls removal prevention, and is made even better by the sudden decision to run fewer Dspheres. Sin collector int he main, as well as thoughseize makes this a tough matchup for every control deck.

Jund/RG/Big Green monsters - our hardest match up by far. Storm breath dragon does alot of work in this match up as we just have 0 answers for it. Speed and well placed thoughsiezes are our the only sure path to victory, a lucky godsend will also make this matchup incredibly tough for our opponents.

Monoblue - this deck has been quickly coming back into favor, and is an even match up against us game 1, godsend, soldier of the pantheon, and any removal makes this match up more in our favor. but there's not al ot to be done once thassa is online.

Burn - our toughest matchup by far. we don't have the speed that RW human aggro does, and none of our creatures are particularly large, if we can put ajani or a cartel with a 2 other creatures this game goes better for us, but most times there's little to do until game two where we can get duress another sin collector and some better removal spells.

Here's the decklist i'm working with right now, please put comments below, or recount experiences that might explain strengths or weaknesses of this decklist, personally im interested in the viability of spirit bonds in this deck, in both limited matches and play testing this card gets insanely strong with cartel aristocrat and i'm hoping others can validate that or offer insights into better options.

Disclaimer - please leave all feedback as constructive and explain opinions, simply stating "that card is awful" or "this card is sooooo much better" without explanation does nothing for those reading this post.

Thanks

link: http://www.mtgvault.com/arimic52/decks/bw-human-standard/

//Creature (25)
2 Banisher Priest
2 Boros Elite
3 Cartel Aristocrat
4 Daring Skyjek
4 Precinct Captain
2 Sin Collector
4 Soldier of the Pantheon
4 Xathrid Necromancer

//Enchantment (2)