Discussion Forum

Damia EDH help

Hi! I want to make an EDH deck build around discarting with damia! some input will be appreciated! I'm pretty sure you can help me to make something good with it!

here it is!
http://www.mtgvault.com/jerryp/decks/damia/

thanks!
Posted 17 October 2014 at 17:23

looks ok, it just seems odd to me that you don't run more mana acceleration. The best way to get rid of your cards and draw a bunch of new ones is still to play them which means more mana = better.
Also discarding stuff is a dangerous tactic as graveyards are the easiest resource to exploit meaning people will not only be prepared for it, they will abuse your graveyard.

Also think of ways to protect your general because that's what people will go after. Damia is one of the biggest bulls eyes out there, people just want to kill her and she's slow so they will have removal by the time you can play her.
What if they steal her from you (which is a really good tactic against many generals), what are your outs? Do you have enough card draw to survive without your general? These are the important questions.
How well can your deck come up with solutions to prevent the other guy from winning or from messing up your game.

As for cards like Omniscience, it's basically a one card win, if it's not you're deck isn't functioning as well as it could be. I've ran it from a few months and removed it because it was just to lame. It always allowed me to draw my deck and win in the same turn. If you're running really competitive games then everything goes but if not this isn't really something you'll enjoy playing. It's to easy.
Posted 20 October 2014 at 11:45