Discussion Forum

G/W Tokens

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=152668
Posted 29 March 2011 at 02:09

I'm just gonna get this outta the way: I really don't like Protean Hydra. Seems really bad. Just sayin'.
Posted 29 March 2011 at 08:07

i'd go 4 avenger, 4 primeval titans, 3 elspeth, and a few green sun. i'd also run some summoning traps in the sideboard, and i'd run joraga treespeaker mainboard, also, i'd bump it up to 4 birds. :)

but fun. i've though of this many, MANY, times.
Posted 29 March 2011 at 11:43

Protean Hydra can be pretty awesome but it needs to be in a deck that benefits from counters. it's totally out of place in here.
Posted 29 March 2011 at 14:34

[QUOTE=NightLoki]I'm just gonna get this outta the way: I really don't like Protean Hydra. Seems really bad. Just sayin'.[/QUOTE]

haha yeah, I need a replacement. It's just there because I can't thnk of anything right now. Plus, it combos with the Leyline.

[QUOTE=slothosaurus;22975]i'd go 4 avenger, 4 primeval titans, 3 elspeth, and a few green sun. i'd also run some summoning traps in the sideboard, and i'd run joraga treespeaker mainboard, also, i'd bump it up to 4 birds. :)

but fun. i've though of this many, MANY, times.[/QUOTE]

I'm not gonna have any Primeval Titans ever, and can't run 4 Avengers, I won't have mana for it early on... obvs. It's already at 4 Birds!!
Posted 29 March 2011 at 17:25

I remember an article at mananation. Basically it tells you this

"PLayers see a deck they like, and find substitutes for the expensive cards, in the end you get a different deck than is much worse"

Certain decks jz needs those expensive cards. If you want a good competitive deck, the current one i can suggest to you is the UB infect by brian kibler. Its simple to use, decent, and can pretty much be nightmarish for ppl who arent prepare for this.
Posted 30 March 2011 at 02:27

[QUOTE=olataro]I remember an article at mananation. Basically it tells you this

"PLayers see a deck they like, and find substitutes for the expensive cards, in the end you get a different deck than is much worse"

Certain decks jz needs those expensive cards. If you want a good competitive deck, the current one i can suggest to you is the UB infect by brian kibler. Its simple to use, decent, and can pretty much be nightmarish for ppl who arent prepare for this.[/QUOTE]

I already run U/B Infect so people will expect it (at my FNM)
Posted 30 March 2011 at 02:39

Well, really the Titan cannot be replaced in a deck of this style at all. I do like it, however I find it to be somewhat on the choicy end for taking a mulligan or not...
Posted 04 April 2011 at 00:30