Discussion Forum

Create a card - Riggers and Contraptions

Steamflogger Boss is currently the most useless card I can think of, mostly because he affects two things that don't exist in MTG yet - the creature type Rigger and the artifact type Contraption. So the fun challenge is to create your own cards that can be affected by the Boss (ie make Riggers that assemble Contraptions)

Rules:
1) Have fun :D
2) Try to keep your creation realistically within the rules of MTG.
Posted 07 July 2011 at 13:04

Dirty Rigger (2RR)

Creature - Human Rigger

Dirty Rigger has Mountainwalk if you control 2 or more Contraptions.
Dirty Rigger has Double Strike if you control 4 or more Contraptions.

RR Tap: Put 1 Contraption aftifact into play that says "All Riggers get +1/+1 for each Contraption you control."

1/1
"Some say they are so tough because of their advances, I say it's the caked on filth blocking attacks." Human Explorers notes.

Red Dyed Contraption A19 (5)

Artifact - Contraption

Creatures and Artifacts you control have Protection Red as long as you control a Rigger.

2 Tap: Put a 1/1 Artifact Rigger creature token into play.

"The Machine now create the Masters which they serve." Rigger notebook.
Posted 07 July 2011 at 15:19

I think Wizards was high when they implemented this card, although creatures with the "changeling" ability are technically riggers.
Posted 08 July 2011 at 05:48

I'll just resubmit my submission from this thread: http://forums.mtgvault.com/showthread.php?t=3615
Posted 08 July 2011 at 07:21

[QUOTE=TheChurchIsHere]I'll just resubmit my submission from this thread: http://forums.mtgvault.com/showthread.php?t=3615[/QUOTE]

I forgot about that thread :p
Posted 08 July 2011 at 21:22

The other post is old new blood hahahaha. sorry
Posted 09 July 2011 at 15:59

Here's my rigger contraption:

Steamflogger Shenanagins 2RR
Tribal Enchantment- Rigger Contraption
Whenever a contraption or rigger is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, Steamflogger Shenanagins deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
2, Sacrifice a rigger: assemble a contraption. (To assemble a contraption, put a 0/1 colorless contraption artifact creature token with defender onto the battlefield)
2, Sacrifice a contraption: search your library for a rigger card and put that card into play, then shuffle your library.
Posted 11 July 2011 at 02:28

Jerry Rigger - RRRR
gobilin creature-rigger
Assemble- R-sacrifice an artifact, put 2 2/2 contraption creature tokens onto the battlefield.
Posted 21 July 2011 at 21:53

[QUOTE=MagicLango]Here's my rigger contraption:

Steamflogger Shenanagins 2RR
Tribal Enchantment- Rigger Contraption
Whenever a contraption or rigger is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, Steamflogger Shenanagins deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
2, Sacrifice a rigger: assemble a contraption. (To assemble a contraption, put a 0/1 colorless contraption artifact creature token with defender onto the battlefield)
2, Sacrifice a contraption: search your library for a rigger card and put that card into play, then shuffle your library.[/QUOTE]

That's actually really awesome. One of the most balanced ideas I've seen for riggers yet.
Posted 22 July 2011 at 06:53

[QUOTE=TheChurchIsHere]That's actually really awesome. One of the most balanced ideas I've seen for riggers yet.[/QUOTE]

Thanks- I based it on Boggart Shenanagins cuz that card (and the word shenanagins) is awesome.
Posted 23 July 2011 at 00:35

The card was actually meant as a joke. Many of the Future Sight cards were previews of something (like tarmogoyf previewed Planeswalkers), but this one was a joke they do not intend to implement.

Also, contraption cannot be a simple artifact subtype because riggers need to "assemble" them some how
Posted 24 July 2011 at 22:21