Discussion Forum

This might be impossible...

So, I had a weird idea the other day, and I'm not sure if it is workable or not.

The basic question is, is there any card one can combo with Jhoira of the Ghitu that will allow you to make your opponent suspend the card instead? Something along the lines of a reroute, which won't work because Jhoira's ability doesn't target. The reason I ask is because it would be interesting to combo this with Eon Hub, basically saying, "pay :mana2:, exile a card from your opponent's hand."

Any help finding this mystery card would be appreciated. Also, if no card exists to do this, how would you word a card to do that?
Posted 30 July 2011 at 07:02

I am not familiar with a card that would let you do that, but if you want players to exile cards from their hands, couldn't you just use Karn?
Posted 30 July 2011 at 18:16

The only card that I know of that allows you to cast spells from your opponent's hand is Word of Command, but it doesn't function as you would like.

Otherwise the only way I know of that you could use Jhoira would be to give her away via Bazaar Trader and use Mind Slaver to control your opponent's next turn to suspend their entire hand.

At that point you're bordering so much inefficiency, you'd be better off simply forcing them to discard their hand and exile their graveyard, combo Castigate with something that allows you to copy it multiple times, or as sethbodine suggested, use Karn.
Posted 30 July 2011 at 20:01