Discussion Forum

Top 5 Magic Sets

In your opinion, what are the top 5 sets that have ever been produced for Magic The Gathering?
Posted 12 October 2011 at 01:02

Inb4 Alpha, beta, etc.

Personally, i'm a new player. I started in Rise but I know a lot of the older cards. I can't say individual sets but I'll go by blocks. Gotta say Ravnica, Lorwyn, Zendikar, Mirrodin (original), and time Spiral.
Posted 12 October 2011 at 02:32

Personally Mirrodin Besieged,Zendikar,New Phyrexia,and Shards of Alara
Posted 12 October 2011 at 18:48

Rise of Eldrazi will always be my favourite. Certainly not becos' of Emrakul, Gideon, or Splinter Twin, etc. But becos' of all the variety and depth included. Levellers, Eldrazi Spawn tokens, and Rebound, for example. Also, a few of the oddball rares - Recurring Insight, Nomads' Assembly, and World at War come to mind.
Posted 22 October 2011 at 07:30

I would say Time Spiral, Planar Chaos, Future Sight, Portal 3, n the entire Kamigawa Block.
Posted 01 November 2011 at 01:00

As a lover of tribal, Onslaught will always be my favorite, with Lorwyn right behind. After that, it'd be Odyssey, Time Spiral, and Alara blocks.
Posted 02 November 2011 at 20:50

Not counting the obvious, Alpha and Beta sets. I would say the Ravnica, Mirrodin, Dark Steel, Scars of Mirrodin, and Torment.
Posted 05 December 2011 at 05:23

My favorites would be "Mirrodin, Scars of Mirrodin, Kamigawa, Lorwyn and Shadowmoor Cycles"

Mirrodin being my top favorite as it brought me Tribal Leonin hehe :)
Posted 17 December 2011 at 23:20

I'm a relatively new player but I like Rise of the Eldrazi, Shards of Alara, Innistrad, New Phryexia, and Mirridon Besieged
Posted 03 January 2012 at 22:39