Discussion Forum

Magic Chess

Ok you can build any deck you want but you don't shuffle it. The deck is stacked in what ever order you want.

Your playing another player with a stacked deck.

What do you build and how do you stack it to counter your opponent moves and defeat them as quickly as possible?

No cards over $50 and you may or may not go first so consider both.

Thorne
Posted 08 November 2011 at 02:53

Any deck I want?

Top six cards: Mountain, Channel, Fireball, Black Lotus, Force of Will, random blue card. The rest don't matter.
Posted 08 November 2011 at 03:12

[QUOTE=TheChurchIsHere]Any deck I want?

Top six cards: Mountain, Channel, Fireball, Black Lotus, Force of Will, random blue card. The rest don't matter.[/QUOTE]

Black lotus is more than $50

Someone would run multiple forces of will and/or Pact of Negation. Your on one life and it's now their turn.

Plus if you didn't go first against a similar hand, you'd lose.

I'd have a Leyline of Sanctity in my hand. Your channelball fails right off. Since it's in my hand, it starts in play and isn't cast so can't be countered. I am now hexproof.

Your going to have to try harder than that.
Posted 08 November 2011 at 03:46

4x chancellor of dross & 3x Chancellor of forge, if your first 4x Chancellor of forge. you lose 12 life i gain 12 & i get 4 goblins. Maybe 4x chancellor of dross a swamp & 2x dark ritual. Quick idea.
Posted 08 November 2011 at 07:30

Ok my hand would be

Vampire Hexmage
Dark Depths
Lotus Petal x 2
Dark Ritual
Chancellor of the Annex
Lightning Greaves

Now channelball is screwed by the chancellor. The one mana will cost should throw off any tricky combos so there is no first round death. It also stuffs force of will should I go first.

Use the petals and the ritual for four mana. Drop the dark depths, cast the hexmage, sac both for Marit Large. Use the two remaining mana for lightning greaves and attach to Marit.

20/20 flying indestructable coming across

If it goes to crap I should just lose a petal which means I attack turn two
Posted 08 November 2011 at 10:54

In hand:

1x Mountain
4x Rite of Flame
1x Dragonstorm
1x Guttural Response

In deck:

4x Kokusho, the Evening Star
The rest doesn't matter

Play mountain, tap for mana - 1x :manar:
Use 1 :manar: , play Rite - 2x :manar:
Use 1 :manar: , play Rite - 4x :manar:
Use 1 :manar: , play Rite - 7x :manar:
Use 1 :manar: , play Rite - 11x :manar:
Use 9 :manar: , play storm, fetch 4x Kokusho, Kokusho's die, opponents lose 20 life :p
(Response is to counter a counter targeting one of my Rites)
Posted 08 November 2011 at 13:08

One Chancellor on the Annex completely stops your deck.
Posted 08 November 2011 at 19:54

@Ded: use Chancellor of the Annex instead of Response, and put Response on the top of your deck. You can't be stopped that way, because you just wait a turn.

:manau: 3 Lotus Petal, 1 Island, 1 Daze, 1 Braids, Conjurer Adept, 1 Chancellor of the Annex

Top three cards: Laboratory Maniac, Leveler, Quicken

:manab: 1 Chancellor of the Annex, 3 Thoughtseize, 1 Dark Ritual, 1 Swamp, 1 Surgical Extraction

Top three cards: Swamp, Lake of the Dead, Phyrexian Obliterator
Posted 09 November 2011 at 03:57

[QUOTE=jumpingbeans]One Chancellor on the Annex completely stops your deck.[/QUOTE]

I never said it was a flawless plan. Also people building for this 'challenge' would be more worried about playing their combo than trying to stop another player's combo.
Posted 09 November 2011 at 04:01

Let be a bastard

Goryo's Vengeance
Nico Bolas (Elder Dragon)
Blackmail
Lotus Petal x 2
Dark Ritual
Chancellor of the Annex

Cast a petal first to trip an opposing chancellor
Backmail yourself and discard Bolas
Bring him back and attack
Opponent discards their hand
Opponent cries like a baby
Posted 09 November 2011 at 05:45

[QUOTE=thorne44]Black lotus is more than $50

Someone would run multiple forces of will and/or Pact of Negation. Your on one life and it's now their turn.

Plus if you didn't go first against a similar hand, you'd lose.

I'd have a Leyline of Sanctity in my hand. Your channelball fails right off. Since it's in my hand, it starts in play and isn't cast so can't be countered. I am now hexproof.

Your going to have to try harder than that.[/QUOTE]

I'll give you the $50 thing, I didn't see that, but I doubt anyone would load their god-hand with two FoW and two random blues. To update:

Mountain, Blacker Lotus, Fireball, Channel, random blue card, Force of Will, and I'll use that one extra green mana from Blacker Lotus for Emerald Charm to destroy your leyline of Sanctity. Check and mate, sir.
Posted 09 November 2011 at 05:55

Actually I would that kind of stuff.

You don't need to kill them in one round, you just need to win.

I'd have a Leyline of Anticipation, Chancellor of the Annex, Wheel of fortune, Rite of Flame x 2, Leyline of Sanctity, Lotus Petal

The leylines start in play. My cards all have flash. I can cast the wheel before you can put out anything. Your killer combo goes bye bye and I have a new hand to wupp yo ass real good.

Unless you've planned beyond the first round, your dead.

Lets leave out unglued/unhinged cards. You can't use them for anything except unglued/unhinged games.
Posted 09 November 2011 at 06:46

Forest your turn :)
Posted 09 November 2011 at 06:49

Doesn't matter who goes first.

Begin the game with leyline of anticipation on the field.

At the beginning of the first upkeep of the game cast 3 black lotus, sac them and Genesis wave for 5, this reveals Myr Retriever, Myr Retriever, Ashmods alter, Embersmith and Helm of Awakening.

Sac both Myr Retriever with Ashmods alter the second one sends the first to your hand and you cast it with 1 of the Mana from Ashmods Alter (reduced with Helm of Awakening,) pay another of this Mana with Embersmith to deal 1 damage then sac it again to get 2 Mana and the other back into your hand, repeat for infinite damage.

i also have 2 spare cards in my hand which are Pact of Negotiations just in case.

So even if you went first, i just beat you before you had your first draw step LOL:D

In case you cast the wheel of fortune and i don't manage to counter it the rest of the deck is this one.

I'm not to hard to stop but its awesome anyway.:cool:

PS. If i can only have 1 black lotus than instead of 2 black lotus and a pact of negotiations i have 1 lotus petal and 2 dark ritual, this will do the same job but i cant counter as many spells.
Posted 13 November 2011 at 07:35

Again no black lotus let alone three of them.

Leyline of Santity means I can't be targeted so the embersmith fails. Leyline starts in play so cannot be countered.

If black lotus was allowed (and four of them) You'd go 4 lotuses, two dark rituals, a crimson wisp and a flying spaggetti monster.

Again no cards over $50.
Posted 13 November 2011 at 10:05

Belching Cards:
Lotus Petal
Lion's Eye Diamond
Lion's Eye Diamond
Lion's Eye Diamond
Demonic Consultation
Chancelor of the Annex
Memnite

Memnite disrupts opponent's Chancelor of the Annex; Chancelor of the Annex disrupts Foil

Cast Lotus Petal and 3x Lion's Eye Diamond
Sacrifice Lotus Petal and cast Demonic Consultation (name Goblin Charbelcher, which is placed at the seventh card in the library)
While Demonic Consultation is on the stack, sacrifice 3x Lion's Eye Diamond
Demonic Consultation resolves, exile top seven cards of library and put Goblin Charbelcher into your hand
Spend {4} of the mana generated by Lion's Eye Diamond to cast Goblin Charbelcher, then {3} more of the mana generated to activate its ability.
Last card in library is a Mountain (for arbitrary reasons).

Anti-meta:
Gemstone Caverns
Chancellor of the Annex
Tolarian Academy
Glimpse of Nature
Memnite
Island
Foil

This deck wants to go second and is prepared to handle Chancellor of the Annex & Foil.

Before the game begins, reveal Chancellor of the Annex, then reveal Gemstone Cavern and exile Chancellor to put begin the game with Caverns in play with a luck counter.

Hold Foil + Island for counter magic, or to knock out an opponent's Chancellor before beginning your combo. Since this deck plays on the draw, a second Memnite is available in case Foil was required to disrupt opponent's combo.

Put Tolarian Academy into play
Tap Caverns for {G} and cast Glimpse of Nature
Top cards of your library are: 3x Memnite, 4x Phyrexian Walkers, 4x Ornithopters, 4x Shield Spheres, and Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
Cast Memnite, and begin drawing. Once Emrakul is drawn, tap Tolarian Academy for {15}, cast Emrakul and take an extra turn.

Next turn, draw Contested Warzone and swing for lethal.

EDIT: The deck can also run Chancellor of the Tangle in place of Gemstone Caverns, thus allowing the deck to go first (though it still wants to go second) whether or not the deck goes first or second.

Reanimator:
Lotus Petal
Lotus Petal
Iona, Shield of Emeria
Painter's Servant
Lion's Eye Diamond
Spoils of the Vault
Spoils of the Vault

Cast 2x Lotus Petal and Lion's Eye Diamond.
Sacrifice Lotus Petals to cast both Spoils of the Vault (name Reanimate & Animate Dead)
While Spoils is on the stack, sacrifice LED for {B}{B}{B} and discard the remaining hand (Iona and Painter's Servant)
Spend mana from LED to reanimate Iona and Painter's Servant.
Posted 13 November 2011 at 15:36

[QUOTE=TheChurchIsHere]I'll give you the $50 thing, I didn't see that, but I doubt anyone would load their god-hand with two FoW and two random blues. To update:

Mountain, Blacker Lotus, Fireball, Channel, random blue card, Force of Will, and I'll use that one extra green mana from Blacker Lotus for Emerald Charm to destroy your leyline of Sanctity. Check and mate, sir.[/QUOTE]

Dude, you can't use FoW in that combo! You need 20 life! Use 2 Pact of Negation instead, since you're winning that turn.
Posted 13 November 2011 at 22:20

[QUOTE=thorne44]Actually I would that kind of stuff.

You don't need to kill them in one round, you just need to win.

I'd have a Leyline of Anticipation, Chancellor of the Annex, Wheel of fortune, Rite of Flame x 2, Leyline of Sanctity, Lotus Petal

The leylines start in play. My cards all have flash. I can cast the wheel before you can put out anything. Your killer combo goes bye bye and I have a new hand to wupp yo ass real good.

Unless you've planned beyond the first round, your dead.

Lets leave out unglued/unhinged cards. You can't use them for anything except unglued/unhinged games.[/QUOTE]

If you Wheel of Fortune, you each get any cards on top of the library, so they can just draw the same hand.
Posted 13 November 2011 at 22:25

[QUOTE=dagbaker]If you Wheel of Fortune, you each get any cards on top of the library, so they can just draw the same hand.[/QUOTE]

Thats assuming they have the same hand again which in all likelyhood is not very.

I love SavajCabbaj's Lion Eye Diamonds. The abuse possibilities are endless.

After hitting them with the wheel, I'd hit them with a card to shuffle their deck and wheel of fortune again.

If you had four wheels, you could in theory, use four hands to kill them
Posted 14 November 2011 at 00:05

[QUOTE=thorne44]If you had four wheels, you could in theory, use four hands to kill them[/QUOTE]

Ahh, now I have to build another one :)

[QUOTE=dagbaker;30089]Dude, you can't use FoW in that combo! You need 20 life! Use 2 Pact of Negation instead, since you're winning that turn.[/QUOTE]

You couldn't use FoW even with a hundred life, the card is like $60-70.
Posted 14 November 2011 at 01:10

[QUOTE=SavajCabbaj]You couldn't use FoW even with a hundred life, the card is like $60-70.[/QUOTE]

The $50 limit was to cull the power nine out more than anything. Who wants everyone coming back with a black lotus/mox/time twister combo
Posted 14 November 2011 at 02:52

I would probably want 1 Swamp, 4 Dark Rituals, Lightning Greaves, and Phage the Untouchable.
Posted 28 December 2011 at 19:22