Discussion Forum

Create A Card - Return to Ravnica

With Return to Ravnica just around the corner, I thought it'd be fun(ny) if some or all the legends from Ravnica where made into Planeswalkers. So my "Create A Card" challenge to you is to pick one of the guild leaders or champions and turn it into a Planeswalker.

Leaders:
Boros :manar::manaw: : Razia, Boros Archangel
Golgari :manag::manab: : Savra, Queen of the Golgari
Selesnya :manag::manaw: : Choros of the Conclave
Dimir :manau::manab: : Szadek, Lord of Secrets
Orzhov :manaw::manab: : Ghost Council of Orzhov
Izzet :manau::manar: : Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind
Gruul :manar::manag: : Borborygmos
Azorius :manaw::manau: : Grand Arbiter Augustin IV
Rakdos :manab::manar: : Rakdos the Defiler
Simic :manag::manau: : Momir Vig, Simic Visionary

Champions:
Boros :manar::manaw: : Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
Golgari :manag::manab: : Sisters of Stone Death
Selesnya :manag::manaw: : Tolsimir Wolfblood
Dimir :manau::manab: : Circu, Dimir Lobotomist
Orzhov :manaw::manab: : Teysa, Orzhov Scion
Izzet :manau::manar: : Tibor and Lumia
Gruul :manar::manag: : Ulasht, the Hate Seed
Azorius :manaw::manau: : Isperia the Inscrutable
Rakdos :manab::manar: : Lyzolda, the Blood Witch
Simic :manag::manau: : Experiment Kraj

Rules:
1) Have fun
2) Keep the cards' abilities realistic

*If I got any of the leaders or champions wrong, let me know so I can fix it.
Posted 19 June 2012 at 09:19

i cant think of one at the moment and I dont like rakdos at all, but i feel a rakdos planeswalker that grants hellbent while benefiting you (and some other awesome abilities) would be cool
Posted 19 June 2012 at 11:24

Lyzolda, The Death Witch 2BR
Planeswalker- Lyzolda M
+1 Discard a card target creature gets +2/-2 until end of turn.
-2 Sacrifice a creature target creature gets -5/-5 until end of turn.
-6 You gain an emblem with "Hellbent abilities remain active regardless of the number of cards in your hand."
(3)
Circu of Dark Secrets 3UB
Planeswalker- Circu M
+1 Look at the top 2 cards of target players library, you may put one of them in that players graveyard. Otherwise put the cards back in any order.
-2 Target player reveals their hand, choose a nonland card from it. That player can't cast that spell until their next turn.
-7 Search target opponent's library for up to twenty cards and exile them.
(4)
Posted 19 June 2012 at 11:56

Ulasht, Hate Hydra :mana2::manar::manag:

+1 Put a 1/1 Green Saproling Token into play.
-2 Put a +1/+1 counter on up to 3 target creatures.
-7 Put 5 +1/+1 counters on each creature you control.

[3]
Posted 19 June 2012 at 13:00

@ deathtyrant5000 - what loyalty do they start with?

@ racky54 - nice, but it feels a little plain to me :confused:

Looks good so far, keep 'em coming :p
Posted 19 June 2012 at 13:34

Name: Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind

Cost: :manar::manar::manau::manau:

Loyalty: 3

Text: +1: The next instant or sorcery you cast gains replicate with the replicate cost is equal to its mana cost. (When you cast that spell, copy it for each time you paid its replicate cost. You may choose new targets for the copies.)
-2: You get an emblem with "Whenever you draw a card, deal 1 damage to target creature or player."
-6: Niv-Mizzet deals 5 damage to each creature. Draw a card for each creature that died this way.

Rarity: Mythic

I tried to keep the abilities working together / off each other and still feel like something Niv-Mizzet or Izzet would do. Hope I achieved that :p I was going to have the emblem as the ulti with X damage instead of 1 (with X being the draw card's cost), but settled with the above choices.
Posted 19 June 2012 at 14:28

Savra, Queen of the Golgari :mana2::manab::manag:
Planeswalker- Savra M
Loyalty 3

+1 Sacrifice a creature. Then look at the top five cards of your library. You may reveal a creature card from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order

-3 You get an emblem with: whenever a creature you control dies, you may draw a card.

-6 Put all creature cards from all graveyards onto the battlefield under your control.

I know I stole Lily1.0's ultimate but it seemed to work here (if you think of one that is better feel free to let me know as I kindof ran out of ideas for her ultimate). I may get around to making another one in the future. Great Challenge btw! :D
Posted 19 June 2012 at 16:35

Ignore this comment
Posted 19 June 2012 at 22:11

Orzhov : Ghost Council of Orzhov

wwbb
loyalty 4
+3 target player loses 1 life and you gain 1 life
-2 sacrifice a human and put a 1/1 white spirit creature token with flying and a 2/2 black zombie creature token onto the battlefield.
-7 gain control of any number of target creatures until end of turn, then each other opponent gains 1 life for each creature you control that they own and you lose that much life
Posted 19 June 2012 at 22:42

ignore this post
Posted 19 June 2012 at 23:23

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff446/ixidor_co2/MomirVig-1.jpg
Posted 19 June 2012 at 23:28

[QUOTE=deathtyrant5000]Lyzolda, The Death Witch :mana2::manab::manar:
Planeswalker- Lyzolda M
+1 Discard a card target creature gets +2/-2 until end of turn.
-2 Sacrifice a creature target creature gets -5/-5 until end of turn.
-6 You gain an emblem with "Hellbent abilities remain active regardless of the number of cards in your hand."
(3)
Circu of Dark Secrets :mana3::manau::manab:
Planeswalker- Circu M
+1 Look at the top 2 cards of target players library, you may put one of them in that players graveyard. Otherwise put the cards back in any order.
-2 Target player reveals their hand, choose a nonland card from it. That player can't cast that spell until their next turn.
-7 Search target opponent's library for up to twenty cards and exile them.
(4)[/QUOTE]

i personally think my take on them worked out well i tried to keep the planeswalkers true to their guild but remain nostalgic of its original version but at the same time do something new i think i accomplished that haha. but what do you guys think
Posted 20 June 2012 at 04:28

[QUOTE=ixidor_co2]http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff446/ixidor_co2/MomirVig-1.jpg[/QUOTE]

Mind sharing how you uploaded the pic of your card just curious because i have a card creation program as well and was curious xD
Posted 20 June 2012 at 04:53

[QUOTE=deathtyrant5000]Mind sharing how you uploaded the pic of your card just curious because i have a card creation program as well and was curious xD[/QUOTE]

yea, it's easy. after you have your card created, and saved as a picture, use photo bucket, or another photo sharing website. just upload to photo bucket, then copy and paste the link it gives you into your post, make sure you paste between the "insert Image" thing here on the thread...
Posted 20 June 2012 at 12:07

@ SSHouston - If the shoe (ability) fits, wear (use) it.

@FFS L - I like, but the -2 could do with a little work. I don't think the Orzhov care what creature type dies, the care more if it's a black or white creature.

@ ixidor_co2 - I think Momir Vig's -2 should search for a creature with graft or a Mutant (either or)

@ deathtyrant5000 - I think you did well too, except I think 20 cards in Circu's last ability is a bit of a steep number. I'd either reduce the amount to 10 or replace the search with just removing the top 15 or 20 cards (I think anything higher than 10 is too unfair).
Posted 20 June 2012 at 18:34

Ulasht, the Seeder of Hate :mana3::manar::manag:

Planeswalker -- Ulasht

Ulasht comes into play with X loyalty counters, where X is equal to the number of green creatures you control plus the number of red creatures you control.

-2: Ulasht deals two damage to target creature or player.

-3: Put three 1/1 green saproling creature tokens into play.

-20: You get an emblem with "Whenever a nontoken creature you control dies, put three tokens that are copies of that creature into play."

Does the idea of a Planeswalking Hydra scare the hell out of anyone else?
Posted 22 June 2012 at 10:06

[QUOTE=TheChurchIsHere]Ulasht, the Seeder of Hate :mana3::manar::manag:

Planeswalker -- Ulasht

Ulasht comes into play with X loyalty counters, where X is equal to the number of green creatures you control plus the number of red creatures you control.

-2: Ulasht deals two damage to target creature or player.

-3: Put three 1/1 green saproling creature tokens into play.

-20: You get an emblem with "Whenever a nontoken creature you control dies, put three tokens that are copies of that creature into play."

Does the idea of a Planeswalking Hydra scare the hell out of anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Yes, a Planeswalking Hydra does scare me.

This card looks almost too powerful, but when you consider it has no + and what's required to start with 20+ counters, it seems balanced. I'd say it's a well thought out card, one that I'd kill to get a set of :p Well done
Posted 22 June 2012 at 14:49

Savra, Emissary of the Fallen
1GGBB
Loyalty:3
+2: Return target card from your graveyard to your hand.
-5: You get an emblem that has "All cards in your grave with dredge return to the battlefield when dredge is activated."
-9: Savra, Emissary of the Fallen becomes a 0/0 creature with hexproof and has all activated abilities of all permanents in your graveyard as well as a +1/+1 counter for each creature in your graveyard, untill the end of the turn.
Posted 27 June 2012 at 03:48

[QUOTE=squiggy_b]Savra, Emissary of the Fallen
1GGBB
Loyalty:3
+2: Return target card from your graveyard to your hand.
-5: You get an emblem that has "All cards in your grave with dredge return to the battlefield when dredge is activated."
-9: Savra, Emissary of the Fallen becomes a 0/0 creature with hexproof and has all activated abilities of all permanents in your graveyard as well as a +1/+1 counter for each creature in your graveyard, untill the end of the turn.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... On a whole it's not a bad card, though I have a few problems with it. The +2 should specify a creature spell to fit with the 'rise from the grave' theme of Golgari, -5 makes the non permanent dredge cards useless and the -9 requires rewording to get it to work.
Posted 27 June 2012 at 07:02

[QUOTE=DedWards]@ SSHouston - If the shoe (ability) fits, wear (use) it.

@FFS L - I like, but the -2 could do with a little work. I don't think the Orzhov care what creature type dies, the care more if it's a black or white creature.

@ ixidor_co2 - I think Momir Vig's -2 should search for a creature with graft or a Mutant (either or)

@ deathtyrant5000 - I think you did well too, except I think 20 cards in Circu's last ability is a bit of a steep number. I'd either reduce the amount to 10 or replace the search with just removing the top 15 or 20 cards (I think anything higher than 10 is too unfair).[/QUOTE]

how about this then
Planeswalker- Circu M
-7 Look at the top 15 cards of target opponents library exile up to 10 of those cards and put them back in any order.
[4]

that way its not soo over powered but still gives you a massive controll over what they will draw for the next couple turns. SO that being said what do you think.
Posted 27 June 2012 at 08:02

[QUOTE=deathtyrant5000]how about this then
Planeswalker- Circu M
-7 Look at the top 15 cards of target opponents library exile up to 10 of those cards and put them back in any order.
[4]

that way its not soo over powered but still gives you a massive controll over what they will draw for the next couple turns. SO that being said what do you think.[/QUOTE]

That looks better :) Now it doesn't feel overpowered (to me at least) :p
Posted 27 June 2012 at 10:24

yep yep, -9 is difficult to word. Lol here hows this.

1GGBB
+2: Return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
-4: You get an emblem with "All dredge cost are doubled, and all dredge cards can be played without paying there mana cost the turn their dredge ability was activated."
-9: Savra, Emissary of the Fallen becomes 0/0 creature with hexproof and a +1/+1 counter for each creature in your graveyard, and has all activated abilities of all cards in your frave yard.

I feel Savra would look out for herself, so the minus four ability helps to pump her for her minus 9 while keeping her alive.
Posted 27 June 2012 at 18:05

Name: Agrus Kos, Wojek War Master
Cost: :mana2::manar::manaw:
Type: Planeswalker Agrus
Loyalty: (3)
Rules Text: +1: Agrus Kos, Wojek War Master deals 3 damage to target creature or player and you gain 3 life.
-2: Radiance - Untap target creature and each other creature that shares a color with it. Those creatures get +2/+0 until end of turn.
-6: In the next combat phase, you choose which creatures block and how those creatures block.
Rarity: Mythic Rare

I think I did fairly well here, not sure on the costs and starting loyalty though :|
Posted 28 June 2012 at 12:49

[QUOTE=squiggy_b]yep yep, -9 is difficult to word. Lol here hows this.

1GGBB
-4: You get an emblem with "All dredge cost are doubled, and all dredge cards can be played without paying there mana cost the turn their dredge ability was activated."
-9: Savra, Emissary of the Fallen becomes 0/0 creature with hexproof and a +1/+1 counter for each creature in your graveyard, and has all activated abilities of all cards in your frave yard.

I feel Savra would look out for herself, so the minus four ability helps to pump her for her minus 9 while keeping her alive.[/QUOTE]

This is closer to what I was thinking:

:mana1::manag::manag::manab::manab:
Loyalty: (3)
-4: You get an emblem with "All cards in your graveyard gain Dredge X, where X is its casting cost. All dredge cards can be played without paying there mana cost the turn they are dredged."
-9: Until the beginning of the next end step, Savra, Emissary of the Fallen becomes an X/X creature with hexproof where X is the number of creatures in your graveyard, and has all activated abilities of each creature in your graveyard.

The -4 I changed a bit (I like the 'play for free' part :p ). The -9 I reworded so that it'd actually work. The rest is all you.

The other rewording I came up with:
-9: Put a +1/+1 counter on Savra for each creature in your graveyard. Until the beginning of the next end step, Savra becomes a 0/0 creature with hexproof and has all activated abilities of all cards in your graveyard. Remove all +1/+1 counters from Savra at the beginning of the next end step.
Posted 28 June 2012 at 13:00

Momir Vig, Mutant Leader 3GB
Planeswalker Momir Vig
+1 Target creature gains Graft, gets a +1/+1 counter, and becomes a mutant in addition to it's other types.
-2 Gain control of target creature with a +1/+1 counter.
-2 Put a +1/+1 counter on all creatures with Graft.
-6 You get a token of "The Experiment Kraj Type: Legendary Creature — Ooze Mutant
Card Text: Experiment Kraj has all activated abilities of each other creature with a +1/+1 counter on it. :symtap: put a +1/+1 counter on Target creature"
(4)
Posted 28 June 2012 at 15:20

Szadek, Lord of Manipulation 5:manau::manab:
+1 Target player puts the top 5 card of
his/her deck into his/her graveyard.
-3 Draw 3 cards.
-8 You get a emblem that says All creatures you contol have
"Whenever this creature deals damage
to a player prevent it, instead that player
puts the top X cards of his/her deck into his/her
graveyard where X is the damage dealt." (5)

Jarad The dead Who Walks :manab::manab::manab::manag::manag:
+1 Target Card in your Graveyard Gains Dredge equal to it's converted mana cost.
-X Put the Twice the top X cards in your Library in your graveyard.
-5 You get a emblem that says All non-land Cards in your graveyard gain dredge equal to there converted man cost.
-8 You get a token name Svagthir whose power & toughness are equal to the number of cards in all graveyards. and :manab::manab: regenerate Svagthir.
(3)
Jarad is Savras brother who took over the guild when Szadek killed her hes also the only necromancer to raise himself.
Posted 28 June 2012 at 15:26

[QUOTE=squiggy_b]yep yep, -9 is difficult to word. Lol here hows this.

1GGBB

I feel Savra would look out for herself, so the minus four ability helps to pump her for her minus 9 while keeping her alive.[/QUOTE]

How it should be worded.

Savra, Emissary of the Fallen :mana1::manab::manab::manag::manag:
Planeswalker - Savra [M]
{3}
+2: Return target creature from your graveyard to your hand.
-4: You get an emblem with "All dredge cost are doubled, and all dredge cards can be played without paying there mana cost the turn their dredge ability was activated." (overpowered brainstorm i get to play 3 creatures for free!)
-9: Sacrifice Savra, Emissary of the Fallen, Put a legendary 0/0 token that enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it where X is the number of creatures in your graveyard and has all activated abilities of all cards in your graveyard named Savra, Emissary of the Fallen onto the battlefield.

Also when are you going to decide a winner?
Posted 29 June 2012 at 04:59

[QUOTE=deathtyrant5000]Also when are you going to decide a winner?[/QUOTE]

I'll get around to that next weekend. I want to get opinions from guys in my playgroup first. Additionally, I've got too many real life things going on at the moment.
Posted 29 June 2012 at 06:38

Teysa Karlov, Planeswalker :mana3::manaw::manab:

+1 Put X 1/1 white and black spirit tokens with flying onto the battlefield, where X is equal to half the plains and swamps you control.
-3 When you tap a Plains this turn, you gain one life. When you tap a Swamp this turn, target opponent loses one life.
-7 You get an emblem with 'White and Black creatures you control have hexproof.'

[3]
Posted 05 July 2012 at 05:05

Galina, tradewind rider, Tribal Planeswalker - Merfolk
:manau::manau::manau:

+1: Until end of turn you may tap two untapped merfolk you control to look at the top card of your library, if it's a merfolk you may reveal this card and put it
on the battlefield. You may repeat this process.
-1: You get an emblem with 'Creatures you control have islandwalk'.
-4: Tab X permanents you control to return up to half that many permanents rounded down to their owners hand

(2)

LOL
Posted 05 July 2012 at 12:24

Augustin the Annoying (Name could use some work)
:mana2::manau::manaw:
+1 Counter the next spell target opponent plays unless he or she pays :mana1:
-X Prevent the next X damage that would be dealt to you and permanents you control. This ability can be played any time you can play an instant.
-7 Shahrazad
{3}
Posted 05 July 2012 at 13:59

Razia Archangel Primera 4:manar::manar::manaw::manaw:
Planeswalker Razia
+1 Target Creature or Player takes 3 damage you gain 3 life.
+1 Put a 2/2 Red & White Angel Token with Flying into play.
+2 Target creature and all creatures that share a color with it get +2/+0 until the end of the turn.
-7 Each opponent sacrafices all but 3 permanents they control, you gain 1 life for each permanent sacraficed this way. (3)

I added the 1 life thing cause I thought would boost playability.
Posted 06 July 2012 at 02:49

:mana2::manau::manag:

+1: Put a +1/+1 ooze counter on target creature you control it becomes a muntet as well as any other type it had

-2: put a ooze counter on target non creature purmenet you control

-6: put a creature into play: Baby Kraj. Legenary - Ooze: Baby Kraj's power and thoughness are equile to the number of ooze counters in play. Baby Kraj's gains all activated abiltys of all perments with ooze counters on them

starting louaty :mana3:
Posted 10 July 2012 at 16:30