Discussion Forum

Challenge: Create a card!

Okay heres your challeng make a card of each rarity and create a mechanic that goes along with them as well. give them a common theme together anyway.
heres mine

Barun Bringer of the Legion :mana3::manab::manab:
Legendary Creature -- Zombie Shaman [M]
Text:
Zombie creatures you control get +1/+1 and gain First Strike and Plague.
Whenever a zombie enters the battlefield put a 1/1 black zombie creature token onto the battlefield.
[4/4]

Grox, The First to Die :mana2::manab::manab:
Legendary Creature -- Zombie [R]
Text:
Haste Trample Plague
When Grox dies all creatures your opponents control gain two plague counters.
[6/2]

Viral Outbreak :mana2::manab:
Sorcery
Text:
Choose one: Up to two target creatures gain two plague counters or remove a plague counter from up to two target creatures.

The Walking Dead :mana1::manab:
Creature -- Zombie [C]
Text:
Plague (When this creature deals damage to another creature that creature gains two plague counters. When that creature is put into the graveyard from the battlefield, or if a creature with plague destroys another creature. Put a 1/1 black zombie creature token with plague onto the battlefield.)
[1/1]

Plague Counters (at the beginning of this creatures contollers upkeep remove a plage counter at the beginning of their upkeep if they can't remove a plage counter that creatures controller sacrifices it and you put a 1/1 black zombie creature token with plague onto the battlefield.)

(Note: I'll try to get actual pictures up of them using my card creation program sometime tomorrow.)

I tried making a mechanic that was as close to a zombie like ability as possible please share thoughts feelings changes you would make and plage counters are like fading but fading didn't incorperate the tokens with plague soo thats why i did that also do you think the inclusion of if a creature with plague destroys another creature you still get the token is good or is it too broken. i'm thinking of taking that off and including "creaturs with plague counters can't gain plague counters " that way your creatures can block and plague remains effective. anyway excited to see what you guys come up with ^_^
Posted 21 June 2012 at 09:42

I'm overly tired, and have been watching the Youtube videos of the PAX 2010 Celebrity D&D game. Mr. Stinky gave me the idea for this mechanic:

Gnaw (Put a -0/-1 counter on another creature you control, a +1/+0 on this creature, and you gain 1 life. You may do this once per turn.)

Zombify :mana2::manab: [C]
Enchant Creature

Target creature becomes a zombie in addition to it's other creature types and gains Gnaw.

---

Hungry Zombie :mana1::manab:
Creature--Zombie

Gnaw
2/2

---

Infectious Bite :mana3::manab: [R]
Enchantment

Creatures with -0/-1 counters on them gain Gnaw.

---

Mr. Stinky :manab::manab::manab: [M]
Legendary Creature-- Zombie Minion (that's right, a legendary minion!)

First Strike, Lifelink, Gnaw
3/4
Posted 22 June 2012 at 09:46