Discussion Forum

The New & Active Decks Homepage

Hey guys,

As you may have noticed, we've shuffled things around a bit with the deck listing pages.

We've merged the New decks and Active decks pages into one brand new page called New & Active and we've made this the new default homepage. Don't worry, you can still see the new decks as we've flagged them with a special highlighted tag to make them stand out. We hope this change shows off how busy and active this site is and get the conversation going a bit more! :)

Hot decks still exists and works the same, it's just not the homepage anymore. We want to encourage everybody to look at, post and contribute on new and upcoming decks and the best way to do that is to show them to you!

Let me know if you spot any problems or have any suggestions for us.

Thanks,
Gary
Posted 03 February 2017 at 01:53

I logged on and the site looked massively different. I love the new changes though. People have been asking for new decks to be the homepage for awhile. Thanks!
Posted 03 February 2017 at 01:59

You're welcome! I'm excited, I hope it works out, we will be keeping a close eye on it! :)
Posted 03 February 2017 at 02:08

I like the new system, and it seems to work out pretty well. The only problem that I can think of, is that, if I wanted to, I could totally decide what stays on the front page. If a deck had 100 comments, I could go and upvote each comment separately, and each time, it would bring the deck back up to the front page. If I wanted a deck of the front page, I could go and like 500 random decks, and instantly the first place deck would become 501st place. I'm not sure how this could be fixed, I'm just stating my thoughts.
Posted 03 February 2017 at 06:41

True, which was the original idea behind having the hot page as it couldn't be manipulated as easily, but we just didn't like the direction the hot page had gone over the years. We'll see how this goes and adjust if needed!
Posted 03 February 2017 at 09:12

Would it be possible to add the "New" Tag to the "Breakdown by Deck Tags" list so that we can still quickly see all those new decks? At the moment it's just a static tag that doesn't allow for a quick filtering.
How long will a deck be tagged 'new'?
Posted 03 February 2017 at 08:17

Good idea, I can add this to the list for next weeks session! Decks that have been created in the last 24 hours will show the "New" tag for now, we can adjust if we see fit. We also need to add dates to the actual deck pages as at the moment date created isn't actually shown anywhere so could be a bit confusing.
Posted 03 February 2017 at 09:10

There's one problem with the tag being from within the last 24 hours. If you a deck from a time zone ahead of yours, it doesn't register as being from within the last 24 hours, because the computer and/or website counts it from the future.
Posted 04 February 2017 at 20:49

Another problem is that the "New" tag counts from moment the deck is created, not from it's first release, which would be better in my opinion.
Posted 10 February 2017 at 10:15

Hmmm I'll have a look at that. I think it's meant to be from when its 'made public', rather than created.
Posted 13 February 2017 at 17:50

Yeah, that's what I meant, but couldn't express the right way.
Posted 15 February 2017 at 08:08

Muktol has deleted this comment.
Posted 15 February 2017 at 08:08